What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I think Deadwood's more of a period piece than a straight out Western, uses a few legendary figures but very few of the tropes. Regardless it is excellent, got better and better till it's untimely demise.

• Paid Members

I love informercials!

This is my new favourite. It's very Tim and Eric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQf6TW8Ii8

Fuck me sideways. I am a lover of informercials since we got sky In the late 80's, but have never seen anything quite as awesome as this. Flava Flav? Incredible. Incidentaly, I bought a hogan grill.

• Paid Members

It just stopped working after about 3 weeks. I know that it went super hot after about 15 minutes of cooking, as the first toasties took 8 minutes 2nd toasties took 5 minutes, and the third one just burnt within a minute or two. Not surprised they set on fire.

Had to threaten them with legal action to get my money back, but got it eventually.

Broad City is kinda awesome, it looked shit so I didn't bother until this past week but I couldn't have been any more wrong. Also, Ilana's topping my unconventional attractive woman list right now.

When she lezzed up with Maeby Funke.. :wub:

• Paid Members

What, the Turkey Fryer or the Hogan Grill?

The fryer!

Yup! Quite a big thing in the states at the moment. Up till about 18 months ago, Turkey frying was done in a large pot over a Primus stove outside. Very unstable, very dangerous. Due to the popularity though, they have started making indoor versions that seem as safe as other deep fat fryers. I fancy this one:

• Paid Members

Is anyone else watching Galavant or Last man on Earth?

Galavant is a big budget medieval comedy musical series, it's really hit and miss, I enjoy it enough but I often cringe a bit at the musical numbers (although Weird Al played a singing monk in one episode which was great), the guy playing the king is utterly hilarious, he's by far the best thing in it (although Vinnie Jones as his henchman is pretty good too). If you don't hate Spamalot or Blackadder it might be worth checking out (but it's not as good as Blackadder)

Last man on earth is a weird comedy about Will Forte (who I really like from macgruber and other stuff) being literally the last man on an empty planet earth after everyone dies from a virus. I don't really want to spoil anything but due to the situation the humour is pretty unique and what they imagine a normal guy changing into due to a life with no rules or company is a funny idea to play around with.