What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed Better Call Saul, definitely can't wait for the next episode. I think he's the ideal character from Breaking Bad for a spin-off, given the mileage you can get from introducing different clients throughout etc.

Oh, and

Fucking Tuco!!! TIGHT

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed Better Call Saul, definitely can't wait for the next episode. I think he's the ideal character from Breaking Bad for a spin-off, given the mileage you can get from introducing different clients throughout etc.

Oh, and

Fucking Tuco!!! TIGHT

I was wondering where the late Test had shown up and I'd missed it.

• Paid Members

Watched Better Call Saul episode 2.

Some really funny moments in that, from him negotiating with Tuco for a reduced sentence for the two skaters, to him telling Mike he's like a troll under a bridge, "You must have the stickers or you won't pass!" Funny seeing that, although a little misguided and not above some dodgy dealing, McGill is essentially still a straight up lawyer and then comparing it with what he eventually becomes. I'm so pleased that, thus far, this show has turned out to be very good, very watchable. Also, the tone of it gave me Breaking Bad munchies, so I may blow through the first season again this afternoon after Raw. Or before Raw ends, this shit is dull.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

For those who didn't watch Breaking Bad, yes it makes Better Call Saul a bit better however in no way is it needed to enjoy the show. The first two episodes as a stand alone show have been great fun.

Everyone surrounding the show have hinted it's going to be an easier watch, funnier and less intense. There won't be that dragging element people felt of the first few episodes with Breaking Bad. So definitely give it a watch, for the aesthetics alone it's worth it.

Two episodes in and I already love it. The great thing about the show is that it already knows what it is and where it's headed, so we don't have that breaking in period where the show is finding its feet.

• Paid Members

I've just started rewatching Quantum Leap from the beginning.

I watched a film called Paris, Texas a few weeks ago with Dean Stockwell in and he had lot of the 'Al' characteristics, loud shirts, cigar, etc. Made me want to go back and revisit a show I probably haven't watched since I was a kid.

I've just finished the first season, which was only 9 episodes but it's 9 episodes of greatness. They really put together something fantastic and, given this was 1989, the effects used to make Al a hologram were pretty impressive and haven't aged all that badly.

In other news, I'm warming up to the new season of Parks and Rec. I really didn't like it at the start but the episode with Ron and Leslie getting trapped in the office got me back on board. I'm still not overly happy with the direction they've taken it in but I figure they must have an end game in mind that necessitated it.

I reckon there is more chance of Flaming June finishing that 500 albums better than Robbie Williams or whatever it was than this being made. I'm having zero hopes, but it would be funny if it was massively shit, as mentioned.

Poor guy had no hope. Five hundred albums better than Robbie, yeah right...

I reckon there is more chance of Flaming June finishing that 500 albums better than Robbie Williams or whatever it was than this being made. I'm having zero hopes, but it would be funny if it was massively shit, as mentioned.

Poor guy had no hope. Five hundred albums better than Robbie, yeah right...

Yeah I can only name 99 of them, but Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich ain't one.