What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

I plan to give it a go as I like Bob Odenkirk, and I was liking his character before I got bored of the show in general and jacked it in..

I figure it's just a standalone show about a scumbag attorney and I'll be alright understanding what's going on..

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Yeah it looks quite interesting, has a slight feel of The Returned about it. Let us know if it's any good- I'll be watching the Rumble in full at last.

I thought it was really good for an opening episode. It was nearly 2 hours though (minus ads) which I wasn't expecting. The landscape is pretty spectacular and they quickly established the characters, plot and tensions. It didn't move really quickly but it didn't drag either. The first hour passed pretty quickly I thought.

And failing that, there's full frontal nudity, male and female.

Am I the only one who can't stand the sight of Mick from This is England '86? He was in an episode of New Tricks as a minor character and made my skin crawl after that rape scene.

• Moderators

I got bored of the show in general and jacked it in..

Hang on, you did WHAT??

I've tried to get into it twice now. It's decent whilst I'm watching it, but not interesting enough to hold my attention to make me go back to it again.

His wife and son are fucking tedious and all.

Yeah it looks quite interesting, has a slight feel of The Returned about it. Let us know if it's any good- I'll be watching the Rumble in full at last.

I thought it was really good for an opening episode. It was nearly 2 hours though (minus ads) which I wasn't expecting. The landscape is pretty spectacular and they quickly established the characters, plot and tensions. It didn't move really quickly but it didn't drag either. The first hour passed pretty quickly I thought.

And failing that, there's full frontal nudity, male and female.

Am I the only one who can't stand the sight of Mick from This is England '86? He was in an episode of New Tricks as a minor character and made my skin crawl after that rape scene.

Got Fortitude recorded and have been really looking forward to it so hopefully it lives up to expectations. Michael Gambon is the man!

Totally agree with you about Mick, makes me feel really weird even thinking about that scene, it has to be one of the most powerful and shocking things I've ever seen on television. Coincidentally I actually bought This is England '86 on DVD the other day... Forgot all about that scene...

• Paid Members

My word, I remember her from Sorted. A fine woman.

Was it that Nicholas Pinnock dude who showed all. I'm sure he filled the screen!

Sorted! You're the only other person I know that has said they've seen that! I liked that film (but I'm a sucker for any film with a clubbing/raving backdrop). Tim Curry hamming it up, Jason Donavan put in the performance of his life, quality soundtrack. Always thought it'd be better with Andrew Lincoln as the lead time though.

New Broadchurch has been shite, as I pretty much expected it to be.

Have watched a few episodes of the new season of Parks and Rec and don't really like where they've gone with it all.

At least the new Always Sunny's have been grand so far, the group dating one especially.