What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

I think she moved away young though. Mind you, who else does Chester have? Giles Brandreth's long reign as an MP?

#TeamWrexham

When I did my degree in Chester Giles Brandreth came to the campus and canvassed the students to try and get us to vote for him. This was in my first year there and he came and spoke to us when we were having our lunch in the dining hall. I know I voted for him, but have zero recollection if he won or lost his seat.

So, we came to the agreement that Emily Booth is better than Gyles Brandreth and in a dopamine haze I tweeted her it, now get this...

Emily Booth ‏@emmybooth  4h4 hours ago

@NWalesGigolo ummmm ok? Well I am honoured!!!! xx

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Gigolo Gaz ‏@NWalesGigolo  4h4 hours ago

@emmybooth You should be, you got every vote except for one as he "liked Giles on Countdown and his funny jumpers". No accounting for taste

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Gyles Brandreth ‏@GylesB1  6m6 minutes ago

@NWalesGigolo @emmybooth At least I got ONE vote!  I'd have voted for Emmy too.

GYLES BRANDRETH CAME OUTTA NOWHERE O CROWN HER QUEEN! Which in my eyes has actually made him King of Chester. Really, top sense of humour

• Awards Moderator

How did he even spot that when you spelled his name wrong?

I watched the first two episodes of The Shield last night, never caught it first time around. Fucking aces, innit?

• Paid Members

I watched the first two episodes of The Shield last night, never caught it first time around. Fucking aces, innit?

I think The Shield is the best TV show ever, watch it all as quickly as you can without reading anything about it and enjoy the ride.

• Paid Members

The Shield is great. I've rewatched it several times.

Going to start watching Game Of Thrones again tonight as the girlfriend hasn't seen it. I figure they'll have half of season five done by the time we catch up. I hate watching shit week to week.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I think The Shield is the best TV show ever, watch it all as quickly as you can without reading anything about it and enjoy the ride.

Completely agree. Very solid from start to finish.

I think she moved away young though. Mind you, who else does Chester have? Giles Brandreth's long reign as an MP?

#TeamWrexham

When I did my degree in Chester Giles Brandreth came to the campus and canvassed the students to try and get us to vote for him. This was in my first year there and he came and spoke to us when we were having our lunch in the dining hall. I know I voted for him, but have zero recollection if he won or lost his seat.

So, we came to the agreement that Emily Booth is better than Gyles Brandreth and in a dopamine haze I tweeted her it, now get this...

Emily Booth ‏@emmybooth  4h4 hours ago

@NWalesGigolo ummmm ok? Well I am honoured!!!! xx

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Gigolo Gaz ‏@NWalesGigolo  4h4 hours ago

@emmybooth You should be, you got every vote except for one as he "liked Giles on Countdown and his funny jumpers". No accounting for taste

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

More

Gyles Brandreth ‏@GylesB1  6m6 minutes ago

@NWalesGigolo @emmybooth At least I got ONE vote!  I'd have voted for Emmy too.

GYLES BRANDRETH CAME OUTTA NOWHERE O CROWN HER QUEEN! Which in my eyes has actually made him King of Chester. Really, top sense of humour

You have no idea how chuffed I was when I saw this, checked out Gyles' twitter feed and then saw a picture of him with Richard Stilgoe on Countdown!

Re: the ego thing.  I was once chatting to this woman on twitter who's husband presented a local radio show where they would take a random week and year from the past, play some songs from what were in the chart that week, talk about what was going on in the world and have a 'celebrity' guest on; the guest the one week was ex-children's TV presenter Simon Parkin (BBC broom upboard, Andi Peters vintage).  I tweeted something along the lines how that's a name I haven't heard in over twenty years, only to later in the day get a tweet from Simon himself.  Gyles clearly not the only one who searches for his own name on there!