What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

How far into it have you got Chest? I thought it was pretty average for the first 2 or 3 series and wondered what the fuss was about. It hits its stride eventually though and is well worth the wait. After watching to the end, I can't think of a show that's come close to it. True Detective maybe, but that's only had one series so far.

• Moderators

How far into it have you got Chest? I thought it was pretty average for the first 2 or 3 series and wondered what the fuss was about. It hits its stride eventually though and is well worth the wait. After watching to the end, I can't think of a show that's come close to it. True Detective maybe, but that's only had one series so far.

I think I got midway into season 2..? Not sure. Definitely no further than the third though.

I think I got midway into season 2..? Not sure. Definitely no further than the third though.

Stick with it. I was about to pack it in after that point too but there were a few posters on here who told me to keep going. It gets to a point (around the end of the third series I think) where it grows into almost an entirely different show. Having seen it to the end, I'd be gutted if I thought I'd have missed out on it because of the poor beginning.

From half way through season 3 (from after that shitty fly episode) Breaking Bad becomes the greatest thing ever.

I can see now that the early seasons put the graft in to create rounded characters that you really cared about and, whilst I didn't hate them, if it hadn't been for the missus I'd have jacked it in during season 2 (and probably again at the start of season 3).

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Sorted! You're the only other person I know that has said they've seen that! I liked that film (but I'm a sucker for any film with a clubbing/raving backdrop). Tim Curry hamming it up, Jason Donavan put in the performance of his life, quality soundtrack. Always thought it'd be better with Andrew Lincoln as the lead time though.

Aye, Punky! I’m a big fan of most flicks that centre around the clubbing scene myself.

I bought a triple pack of Sorted, South West 9 and Human Traffic box set years ago which I only bought for South West 9 – already had Traffic - as I didn’t think Sorted looked all that good, but wound up preferring Sorted out of the two.

Plus, that dirty redhead one hairy aping the lead had me loop/a-b’ing that scene on dvd many a time.

Seb Fontaine this Saturday in Dublin too.

Anyways, I've started on Moonlighting again. It's fucking tremendous.

I see that The Jump is just as shit as it was last year. It's so annoying when they do the actual jump at the end to keep their place when one goes on the middle jump and the other does the smaller one. It's pretty obvious who's staying and who's going. They should make them do the same fucking one.

• Awards Moderator

Relating to the US sitcoms talk in the 'I had no idea' thread, the first five seasons of Community have been added to UK Netflix. Never got round to watching it before so will be giving it a go this afternoon.

I mainlined the first 5 episodes last night. Ok so far. Not amazing but entertaining enough. Plenty of Alison Brie which is good, struggling not imagining her shrieking "Peter!" though.

• Paid Members

I'm about half way through season 1 of House of Cards. It's basically Veep but without the jokes. It's okay-ish but seems to be trying so hard to be clever that it often forgets to be entertaining. They don't give you any reason to care about any of these awful people.