UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Shawn didn't work that many house shows. He was there for the TV like you say, and so would Cena be if it weren't for his TV show/film or whatever it is. But even when he's back on TV he'll be doing reduced dates, for the same money, the same sort of deal that Michaels had.

But Shawn wasn't off completely for 3 months. He just didn't do many house shows. And Cena's still been doing dark matches every week, so he is still there, he's just not been appearing on TV. It's not the same as Shawn. Not at the moment anyway. And Cena's next long stretch off hasn't started as he's advertised for No Mercy. I'd guess he was kept off Backlash was because they 'needed' him for the China show.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

Yeah but the schedule has nothing to do with the TV really. It just so happens that whilst Cena is reducing his dates to save his body he has some outside work that he and the company both want him to do. Shawn wasn't off TV because he wasn't away filming other things. Cena doing dark matches I guess is to help the live gate as much as they can, but they don't need to write stories for him in case he can't be on every show with filming or what have you. Plus those dark matches aren't hard on the body with usually being tags, or 5 minute affairs.

• Paid Members

Have they stopped having actual video on their new look titantron on Raw. It seems to have been elongated with the set redesign and all I have seen since is graphics and test during an entrance. It seems a bit too long and thin to be able to show the live crowd backstage video's live...

Its segmented i'm sure, they wont show it on TV but they'll only use a portion of the whole screen to show backstage stuff and of course advertising which you get loads of in the down time when you're at a live event. The last takeover actually used the big long screen for summerslam but just a square of it was used

Does anyone know what the original plans were for SummerSlam 2000?

Im.watching the build up on the network now and ive just into Shane McMahons shortlived stable with mainly Angle, Benoit and Big Show. At the minute UndertKer has just been battered by them after Big Show returned and Angle and Benoit are battering Jericho and Rock.

As it happened at SummerSlam Taker ended up facing Kane, Angle and Triple H faced Rock, Benoit faced Jericho and Shane had a random match with Blackman.

Jericho/Benoit looks in the pipeline at the minute but the others show no signs of happening really, I imagine Undertaker would habe originally faced Big Show? Not even hinted at that Triple H will be in the title picture at the minute

SummerSlam '91 finishes with a storyline segment unrelated to any other match on the show. Has this ever happened before or since? An angle or non-match segment unrelated to anything else on the card closing the show? MITB cash ins or post match segments are different as they're related to the card in some way.

Edit: I mean on PPV, probably happened quite a lot on tv.

Edited by MungoChutney