UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Brawl For All in 1998. I know the plan was for it to showcase Dr Death as a hard bastard, leading to a run or at least one big match with Austin. When was the Stone Cold vs Dr Death match supposed to happen? Has Meltzer or someone ever said what the plans were? Timing wise I'd guess it would have lined up for SummerSlam but looking back, Austin vs Undertaker seemed like it was always on the cards for that one.

Still mad to think they actually went ahead with Brawl For All at all.

• Moderators

Wasn't the final maybe originally meant to be at Summerslam? I swear that was the case.

Rather than Jim Ross anointing Bart Gunn on an episode of Shotgun Challenge with his trophy wearing a face like he'd sucked ten lemons a week or so after the Raw he won the thing.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah, maybe they mentioned it would be SummerSlam during the tournament actually. I wonder how the rest of 98 would've gone had Doc smashed through the tournament and had his run with Austin. Would Austin have still dropped the title at Break Down etc.

I was in and out of WWF viewing at the time (our Sky Sports sub was on and off back then) but I remember being intrigued by the follow up to the whole thing, in early 99, where JR turned heel and Dr Death came out and killed Bart with suplexes on Raw. Next thing I saw, Bart was getting sparked by Butterbean and JR commentated Austin vs Rock at WrestleMania as a babyface and it was never mentioned again. I'd have liked to have seen more of that Doc w/heel JR vs Bart thing, to be honest.

I've only seen the first hour of Raw so far, so forgive me if this gets explained later in the show (or indeed in the Raw thread), but it's been driving me to distraction.

What are those little badges that everyone was wearing in the first segment? Not sure if anyone else had them too. Is it some kind of subtle charity thing?

I've only seen the first hour of Raw so far, so forgive me if this gets explained later in the show (or indeed in the Raw thread), but it's been driving me to distraction.

What are those little badges that everyone was wearing in the first segment? Not sure if anyone else had them too. Is it some kind of subtle charity thing?

It's for Connor's Cure, the children's cancer charity set up by WWE in honor of Connor Michalek

• Paid Members

Who came up with the idea of the gimmick "Goldust"? It's a shame it was cut off at it's legs when Dustin's wife was brought in. You could have got a few more months out of the camp stuff.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Who came up with the idea of the gimmick "Goldust"? It's a shame it was cut off at it's legs when Dustin's wife was brought in. You could have got a few more months out of the camp stuff.

They were getting bad press out of it before they changed direction. At a time when they couldn't afford it because they were taking a beating every week.

It was all Vince's idea. Apparently the crazy fucker always wanted a gay character on the show.  But as Rick said it didn't go down well in the media etc.

So I guess he gave it another bash 7 years later with Billy & Chuck.