UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Wasn't he trying to suck up to GM Eric Bischoff as his lackey?

Yes, pretty much. When he came up to the main roster he was presented as Bischoff's apprentice.

He also changed his name pretty much every week for the first few weeks he was there - I recall one of them being "Johnny Spade" which was odd because there was a guy in OVW already with that name. It was never entirely clear whether this was some kind of weird gimmick, or if they were just indecisive/throwing shit at the wall.

After a few weeks he suggested "Johnny Nitro" to Eric, who responded enthusiastically.

When the Radicalz jumped to the WWF, Benoit had just beaten Sid for the WCW Title. On Nitro this was explained away with screencaps of Sid's foot being under the bottom rope when he submitted to the Crossface.

My question is, has it ever been confirmed that Sid was told to do this, so they'd have a readymade excuse to void Benoit's win if they needed to, or was it just a stroke of luck that the positioning of his foot saved them from having to think of another reason?

Did they know that he (and the others) was heading to the WWF the night after?

I can only assume that the WWF deal had not been finalised, they could use the leg under the rope angle either way depending Benoit had stayed or not. If he stayed you've got Sid with a claim for a rematch at the next PPV, or more likely the next night on Nitro ("which was the styyyyllllle at the time") or just go with what they did when Benoit left

He feuded with Dalton Castle for about 17 years, the matches are decent.

He also had a good match with NJPW Never Champ Shibata at the last PPV. He's a pretty solid hand actually, decent talker and a good mechanic, and I like the last real man gimmick, I think he is mainly teaming with Beer City Bruiser now as a no nonsense tag team.

I just stuck on a random Raw (the one after No Mercy 2000) and the show opens with a short tribute to Yokozuna who had recently died. In the clip, Vince described him as a 3-time WWE Champion. Isn't he only a 2-time champion?

Edited by Slapnut

• Paid Members

I just stuck on a random Raw (the one after No Mercy 2000) and the show opens with a short tribute to Yokozuna who had recently died. In the clip, Vince described him as a 3-time WWE Champion. Isn't he only a 2-time champion?

Had two World Title runs (ahem) and was tag champ with Owen. Vince would sometimes refer to how many times people had been a champ.

Is Hogan back in their good graces?

Using his voice in showing what's happening on the network next month as well as him and Rock facing off in one of the clips.

I think since he actually won the case his publicity has been positive rather than focussed on the racist thing so it wouldn't surprise me.