General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
Martin Kove and William Zabka starred in a few movies together. Watched "Shootfighter" last night and they both turned up. Zabka as the "goodie".

Love that photo, and LOVE Shootfighter as well. One of those great straight to video tournament flicks, although i find Bolo even more unsettling when he's playing a goodie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Why has John Connor been played by a different actor in every single Terminator movie?

It's really fucking bugging me now at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, I liked each of their performances (Nick Stahl actually being my favourite) and I like Jason Clarke as an actor, but this is too much.

Or is Genesis a reboot? I'm fucking lost...

The Emilia Clarke casting is a good touch though, as there are times when she looks strikingly like Linda Hamilton.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
Why has John Connor been played by a different actor in every single Terminator movie?It's really fucking bugging me now at this stage.Don't get me wrong, I liked each of their performances (Nick Stahl actually being my favourite) and I like Jason Clarke as an actor, but this is too much.Or is Genesis a reboot? I'm fucking lost...The Emilia Clarke casting is a good touch though, as there are times when she looks strikingly like Linda Hamilton.
They should've stuck with Eddie Furlong and have a chubby, short, drug addicted John Connor being dragged around by the Terminator saving the world when he just wants to sit down and chill out.

They're all reboots since T3 as far as I can tell. And even that one poos a bit on the first two.Then you've got the Sarah Connor series, which pretty much sticks to the first and second but doesn't seem bothered about the third.And both of the last two films seem entirely separate from everything before this.Essentially, nobody gives a shit about continuity. It's like Bond.

• Paid Members
Why has John Connor been played by a different actor in every single Terminator movie?It's really fucking bugging me now at this stage.Don't get me wrong, I liked each of their performances (Nick Stahl actually being my favourite) and I like Jason Clarke as an actor, but this is too much.
It's quite simple really. Both Edward Furlong and Nick Stahl are fucked up drug addicts and no major movie studio is going to hire them to star in a big budget major motion picture.

• Paid Members

James Garner has died. Don't know if he'd have many fans on here but most of you have probably seen him in The Great Escape or The Notebook. I was an absolutely massive fan. Was great in The Rockford Files and Maverick and a host of films over the years. Guy made any role he played (often similar ones admittedly) look easy.

James Garner has died. Don't know if he'd have many fans on here but most of you have probably seen him in The Great Escape or The Notebook. I was an absolutely massive fan. Was great in The Rockford Files and Maverick and a host of films over the years. Guy made any role he played (often similar ones admittedly) look easy.

Yeah, that's a shame that. Great actor! Incedently Grand Prix is on today on BBC2 as well. Bizarre coincidence. Loved him in Space Cowboys as well

Edited by patiirc

Shame, I liked him in 8 Simple Rules when I watched that as a youngster

Sad news about James Garner but I think he'd been ill for a while. He always come across as very likeable in everything that I saw him in. I loved Rockford Files when I watched it as a kid and his bromance with Donald Pleasance in Great Escape is one of my aspects things about the movie. R.I.P.

The Amazing Spider-Man spin-off film, Sinister Six, has been given a release date.

Columbia Pictures has announced that the movie will be released in November 2016, during San Diego's Comic-Con.

Sinister Six will focus on the six super villains from the Marvel universe and will be directed by Drew Goddard.

It has also been announced that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be released in 2018.

Sinister Six, which will be directed by Drew Goddard, is one of two spin-offs planned for the Spider-Man franchise.

The original Sinister Six, made up of Doctor Octopus, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman and Vulture, first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1964.

No date has been set for the second offshoot in development, Venom.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was released in May, took $706m (£414m) at the box office worldwide.

Its 2012 predecessor, The Amazing Spider-Man, made $758m (£445m).

It has been widely rumoured that Andrew Garfield, who played Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the first two films, will take on the role again in the third film.

There is also speculation that Dane DeHaan will carry on his role as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin.

Sony have also announced that Uncharted, an action film based on the PlayStation video game, will be released in 2016.

Marvel Comics, the studio behind Spider-Man, recently announced a new female version of Thor and that a new Captain America will be African-American.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Teaser trailer/animation showreel for the new CGI Popeye film from Genndy Tartakovsky (the creator of Dexter's Lab).

I thought he'd be a dated hard sell to today's kids but Popeye is back for a new generation. Genny really loves Popeye and it seems much more in the spirit of the original than the Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks,Yogi Bear and all the other dead cartoon characters that have been resurrected in CGI recently did.