General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
Just remember if it isn't JJ Abrams it would be Zack Snyder.

Dawn Of The Dead is still better than anything that Abrams has done. Granted though, Snyder is fucking awful.

• Paid Members

Nic Cage is getting dangerously close to direct to video films territory. After Kick-Ass and Bad Lieutenant I thought he'd moved on to more high profile character roles but he's up to his old tricks here, he's also already done a Taken style kidnapped daughter film. I'll still see it as soon as I can though.

• Awards Moderator

There are a few independent cinemas around the country showing the 1954 film (which is called Godzilla or maybe Gojira in some places). I went yesterday and thoroughly recommend it, it was excellent. Amazing how much of the template for the modern summer event movie was present in 1954.

• Paid Members
There was a great documentary on him in I think the 4 Disc Alien Boxset a few years back. Fantastic drawings, a real visionary.

There's plenty of great anecdotes about Giger, usually involving him turning up somewhere with a suitcase full of old engine parts and animal bones that weren't completely clean.