General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Everything from Big Fish on (apart from Sweeney Todd, which was ok) has been just really disappointing. Big Fish was the first one where I went "alright, isn't this just a bit crap now?"

• Paid Members

Its like when I was watching Prison Break, I loved the first series, the 2nd series was great then it just went painfully shit, actually making me angry whilst i watched it. But i kept watching, because it used to be good.

Every time i see a near identical trailer for a Tim Burton film I think to myself "That looks like a proper piece of shit, oh look there's Helena Bonham-Carter with some mental hair giving people the crazy eyes" But in the back of my head I think " He made Batman. I like Batman. It might be like Batman"

Aside from that I have no idea how Alice In Wonderland made so much money. It's our generations Mull Of Kintyre. No one liked it, No one bought it but it spent 9 weeks at number one.

• Paid Members

There was actually a big hullabaloo about the release being moved forward wasn't there? Im sure a cinema chain even tried to boycott its release. I remember it being discussed on the radio and everything. It led into the 'dual release on cinema and DVD' argument that has raised its head a few times.

• Paid Members
Why do you keep watcdhing them?

They just like moaning. It's like when you watch a movie with your granny and there's a sex scene. She will moan about how disgusting it is and how they didn't show stuff life that in her day, but will she turn over? Will she fuck.

There was actually a big hullabaloo about the release being moved forward wasn't there? Im sure a cinema chain even tried to boycott its release. I remember it being discussed on the radio and everything. It led into the 'dual release on cinema and DVD' argument that has raised its head a few times.

It was Cineworld and maybe another to. I worked at a Cineworld at the time. They did announce they were boycotting its release but in the end came to some deal with Disney.

• Paid Members
Why do you keep watcdhing them?

They just like moaning. It's like when you watch a movie with your granny and there's a sex scene. She will moan about how disgusting it is and how they didn't show stuff life that in her day, but will she turn over? Will she fuck.

Sod off, I don't watch things I really don't like. I said Tim Burton's made some of my favourite films and I watch every new one hoping I'll love it, it's not my fault you're so easy to please.

Tim Burton is like Michael Bay for goths.

Hahaha, brilliant! I'm a fan of Burton's work up to Mars Attacks but the majoriity of everything he's made since has been been pretty gash. The likes of Planet of the Apes and Alice in Wonderland are dreadful movies, even if I did enjoy Helena Bonham Carter's best Queenie from Blackadder II impression in Alice. Still not watched Frankweenie though.

Jesus Christ, Chest, what do you want? If I say I've watched them you wonder why I bother, if I say I've not watched them you wonder how I can know they're bad.

Like most people, I look at the trailers, the previews and the reviews and make up my own fucking mind. They've all looked shit, people have reported them as being shit, and I've not bothered with them.

You really are a strange fellow. Make up your mind.