General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
I hate myself for the fact that I know I'll probably still watch it anyway.

So Michael Bay and Megan Fox have made up then?

Michael Bay was asked by Steven Spielberg to fire Megan Fox from Transformers because she publicly compared him (Bay) to Hitler. She was always going to be in this.

Fair enough. Although my grounds for not liking the Alice film was that I thought it was entirely listless and took a fun idea and sucked any potential for fun out of it. I'm more surprised that someone defended it as fun than that someone defended it for any other virtue they thought it might have. But hey ho.

• Paid Members
Fair enough. Although my grounds for not liking the Alice film was that I thought it was entirely listless and took a fun idea and sucked any potential for fun out of it. I'm more surprised that someone defended it as fun than that someone defended it for any other virtue they thought it might have. But hey ho.

Did you know that was one of the most successful films of all time? Crazy. I used to love Tim Burton When Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood and Batman Returns came out and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is one of my favourite films but I can't believe what he's become, a bloated stale parody of himself who's completely forgotten how to make a film with any flow or spark.

• Paid Members
Saw Alice in Wonderland and all the films since 95, and have enjoyed all of them. Won't apologise for that, I just find them fun.

Surely that doesn't include his Planet Of The Apes shitshow?

Yup, even that one. Nit my favorite, but enjoyable enough. Mostly with films I watch them purely to take my mind away from the daily grind for a couple of hours, and they do the trick.

• Paid Members

I love Ed Wood, that's why I said 1995. I hated Big Fish, Sweeney Todd had potential but I thought it was awful, I didn't like the whole singing all the way through with no actual memorable songs thing. Dark Shadows could've been great, a similar premise to Beetlejuice; weird family with an even weirder guest in a house, but it was such a mess, overly long and too much unnecessary convoluted crap bogged it down. I didn't like Charlie and the chocolate factory much either. Alice in Wonderland is surely the worst though.

*edit Actually I don't mind Mars Attacks and that came out in 96 I think. He should've gone with puppets over the now dated CGI though.

Edited by Call me Bellend