Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone here know if Tommy Cooper was being broadcast to the whole nation the night that he collapsed on stage and eventually died, or just in the London area?

The show he was on (Live from Her Majesty's) was being broadcast by LWT, who were the ITV franchise holder for Greater London and the Home Counties. However I've read conflicting things about whether it was just being shown in that area or not.

Me Dad has always claimed he watched it Live on the night from his home in Liverpool, but I was always under the impression that this would've been impossible. A few things I've read however make reference to his death being broadcast 'nationwide' or on 'full ITV' (like this blog I stumbled upon).

Can any of the telly/comedy bods on here clear it up?

• Paid Members

What are some good sites (or print publications) to advertise a free night of comedy (London based) in? I know there's Chortle specifically for comedy and then obviously something like the Time Out website, but I'm trying to think of outlets other than the obvious.

Can someone please explain this to me, the difference in licensing and licencing, it's really doing my head in for some reason...

Licencing Officer

My Client based in the South-East England is currently recruiting for a Licencing Officer

Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge Needed:

• Processing Licensing applications
  • Knowledge in Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Authorities Act 1990, Highway Act 1980

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Can someone please explain this to me, the difference in licensing and licencing, it's really doing my head in for some reason...

Licence is a noun, license is a verb.

• Paid Members

The difference between License and Licence is that the former is a verb, the latter a noun.

You apply for a licence, the organisation licenses you.

A little more convoluted when "-ing" is involved, admittedly - I suppose in those cases, the experience is in "Licensing" - the actual act of processing the applications - while the job of "Licencing Officer" is broader than that. In that context, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid at them being used interchangeably, to be honest.

Archived