Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
12 hours ago, The Dart said:

Forgetting price...is it worth getting?

It was worth it for us, just to be able to record more than 2 channels at once. In our house there is two adults, two young teenagers and a 5 year old who all watch completely different things. There was nothing more frustrating than sitting down to watch something and it had clashed with fucking Paw Patrol or some shit like that. 

Thanks for the tips.  Seems well worth it given that it'll end up being about £10 a month cheaper, I'll get the movie channels with that saving.  If I can talk them into installing it for less I'll get it, otherwise I don't think it's something I really need.  The storage space I have on the box I have now holds all the Judge Judy episodes I could ever watch, so that's good.

8 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

It was worth it for us, just to be able to record more than 2 channels at once. In our house there is two adults, two young teenagers and a 5 year old who all watch completely different things. There was nothing more frustrating than sitting down to watch something and it had clashed with fucking Paw Patrol or some shit like that. 

You fucking heathen. Don't mug off Chase and Marshall like that. 

No job too big, no pup too small. A motto we should all live by...

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You fucking heathen. Don't mug off Chase and Marshall like that. 

No job too big, no pup too small. A motto we should all live by...

I used to be able to stomach Ryder and his four legged friends for the first dozen or so time I had to watch each episode. When we had seen each episode a couple of hundred times however, I started to wish the RSPCA would get involved and take the little bastards off him...

Good work Dart. By the time you get the end of that 18 months that would take you to just over the £200 you would have paid now, so you’ve essentially got Movies free.

Did you do it over the phone or on the livechat? I do it over livechat so that I can save the text. Takes an entire afternoon but I do it so I have a record incase they try to back out of the offer, which they have tried before and tried to deny every offering it

Phone.  Think they gave me £5 off my monthly bill too, so with that and the Cinema I’m paying only a bit more than what I was before but now I have movies (and Q).

And the £115 is paid in 4 installments, which makes it easier too.

• Paid Members

Hello,

So, earlier in this thread, I talked about how I bought/subscribed to Elegant Themes so that I could use their them 'Extra' for my final year project, installing it into WordPress. David was going to lend me a hand as - from what I can see - I have to pay $200 to WordPress to be able to install the theme and use it - but David said this isn't right, and he was going to give me a little walk through. Unfortunately, David hasn't been around lately - and I'm not bitching, nobody has any obligation to me! - but I was wondering if anyone else here has experience with using Elegant Themes with WordPress? If so, could they drop me a PM and maybe give me a little help?

Thanks a lot.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Spurs if you have time on Thursday night we can catch up on this. 

Absolutely. That'd be great. I'm actually working Thursday so won't get to the venue myself until probably after 6, so maybe at the interval or after the show?

Archived