Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Can you access it from above at all? The spring loaded arm might be stuck.

Which would also be a tremendous problem for Travis Bickle.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone ever appealed a bus lane fine?  Looked at the photo and it isn't marked as a bus lane, it's one of those that "Becomes" a bus lane during certain hours.  It was on Oxford Road in Manchester which perpetually has roadworks and new lane layouts etc.  I've been looking on Google Maps and it look like where I turned left onto the road, there is no signage until you've actually turned, by then it is too late to reverse or do anything.  I turned off the road about 200 yards later and to be honest, I didn't even see the sign.

I'm not disputing I'm in the wrong, just that the signage was inadequate.  Plus they sent me two fines for the same incident, the rotters.

You would have to get down there and take photos of the signs or lack thereof, then submit your evidence. I had something similar a few years back where roadworks forced me to enter a bus lane, whilst work was being done a pedestrian island near a crossing.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

@Chest Rockwell I happened to join Barbican library last week. They have a monstrous collection of sheet music for loan. 

I don't spend anywhere near enough time in the Barbican, it's such an awesome place; their theatre is stunning (and really comfortable too). I didn't know they had a library. Will have to go down there and check out membership, I think.

Last night, I wrote a load for my dissertation and saved it onto a memory stick. This morning, I did a bit more work at the end and the beginning, and appear to have somehow deleted around 15000 words from the end.

It was saved on a memory stick, written using Word on Office 365. How do I find previously saved versions of a document on Word? It doesn't appear have saved onto the cloud, or in a tempoarry files thingy on my laptop. There are no 'Unsaved' documents on the 'File' tab either and all the stuff I'm finding online is no use at all.

Any help would be awesome - my stress levels are mildly though the roof at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

@Grecianin OneDrive, right click the doc and click Version History. 

On desktop, File > Info > Manage Versions. 

Thanks - nothing in it. As I saved to a memory stick and not my pc, there doesn't seem to be any previous versions anywhere. 

Archived