Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You know the inside light inside a car, on the roof? When I was a kid, I was told that we couldn't have that on at night because it was illegal. Now I'm hearing maybe it isn't illegal. So, have I been believing a lie for 20 years or what?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

You know the inside light inside a car, on the roof? When I was a kid, I was told that we couldn't have that on at night because it was illegal. Now I'm hearing maybe it isn't illegal. So, have I been believing a lie for 20 years or what?

I was also told this, and continue to not have it on when driving, under the guise it could dazzle oncoming traffic (which sounds ridiculous now as I type it) I'd be interested to hear if this is illegal or not.

• Paid Members

My understanding was the same as Carbomb's, in that it effects the visibility of the driver because it causes a reflection of the inside of the car to appear on the windscreen.

I don't know if I was ever told that it was properly illegal though, or it was just accepted that you mustn't do it because you'll drive off the road and die if you do.

• Paid Members

Aaahhh... What on Earth is it when your gut aches, the same ache as really bad trapped wind, but it’s not trapped wind because you’re farting and shitting like horse.

The feeling of it won’t fuck off and is knocking me stomach daft... any ideas, remedies?

• Paid Members

That’s the thing though, no shitting bother, that’s the baffling thing. I’ve had exactly the same wrenching waves of gut ache when shits and farts are the only saving grace... this however isn’t that, all seems fine on that front.

On 27/02/2018 at 8:55 AM, SpursRiot2012 said:

I was once stopped by the police while driving with an interior light on as they felt it could distract/dazzle other drivers. They didn't explicitly say it was illegal or anything but just that they felt it could be dangerous. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Does anyone have any experience with such a thing?

I broke the same toe a few years back, a couple of days before I was pallbearer at my grandad's funeral. It hurt mildly for about a year after, then I stubbed it really badly, which hurt even worse than the initial break, but didn't turn black this time, and left it with an obvious bony lump sticking out. This, too, didn't get better, and I could constantly feel it when I put pressure on it, until I knocked it again. This time, the sticky-out bone bit immediately went 'flat', and by the end of the week, it never hurt again, so I guess I 'correctly' rebroke the bone into the right position, allowing it to heal properly.

So my advice is to break it twice more? Glibness aside, I just think they hurt a bit for ages, especially if the weather's really cold like it has been.

I’ve broke the big toe, fairly solidly, on my right foot seven times.

There’s not a lot they can do with broken toes. They can be funny things. Mine has sort of healed off to the side, and can still get sore when it’s cold, but it’ll be fine.

If there’s any really obvious disalignment it should be realigned by a doctor obviously, for healings purposes, but that should be done straight away. If they were to do it now it’d be the Astro thing, of just rebreaking it. Avoid that. Every break hurts worst than the last.

Archived