Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I use Skull Candy in ear ones from HMV. The price seems to fluctuate between £12.99 and £20. I've got two sets one for the office and one for walking. Perfectly suitable for podcasts and the odd bit of music. They even have the ability to answer phone calls and control your phones media player. Good solid ear phones.

I tried cheaper ones. They just end up breaking. False economy.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Mind if I also jump on the earphone talk, and ask if anyone recommend a good pair of reasonably priced Headphones please? I only want them for listening to audiobooks, so don't need to anythings special...

• Paid Members

My mates properly into headphones and what not. Has ones that cost 800 quid and what not.

He put me onto FiiO F3's as I don't want to spend more than 30 quid because I use them constantly and seem to get through them way to quick. I HIGHLY recommend them. Easily the best sounding and comfortable in ear buds I've ever had. Including ones that cost closer to a £100. Currently £20.99 at amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NH9Q0DS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521319715&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fiio+f3+earphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41PgANTBDFL&ref=plSrch

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Mind if I also jump on the earphone talk

Yes.

Oh, go on then.

29 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Would a headphone be a banded set. As in something that fits over the head?

That's my understanding of the terms.

Thanks for the advice Jag and Ralphy. :) Edit: and the ironically named DEF.

• Paid Members

Some good recommendations in here, as I need new headphones. I picked up a pair of Anker wireless earphones the other day but had to send them back as the Bluetooth connection would constantly drop out. Suppose I shouldn't have expected much from a £15 pair of wireless earphones.

Those FiiO F3's look like just the thing for me. I can't stand any head/ear phones that let sound in or out.

Panasonic RP-HJE125-K's are my basic podcast/audiobook/sleep sounds listening earphones, can be had for just over a fiver on Amazon and they're better than any I've paid double that in the past. Build quality isn't amazing, they'll last 6 months at least but at that price they're worth it and I always have a backup pair just incase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So I recently got into GAA football, and I'd like to be able to follow it here - but it seems to be quite difficult to get hold of fixtures for the upcoming season, and I don't want to miss any opening games, especially as Sky Sports, who show it, don't get all that many. I know I'm probably onto a hiding, given that people aren't happy with how dominant Dublin are at the moment, but the games themselves are fun to watch, I find.

Any of the Irish contingent on here: could you please tell me when the season starts? Even the GAA site isn't telling me when.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, mim731 said:

They've changed it a bit this year @Carbomb . This might help explain it somewhat.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/2018-gaa-calendar-draft-140809

It's underway, but on a provincial level currently, is my understanding. 

Thanks for that, mim - helps a bit. Just need to figure out if there are any online services I can watch it on, if Sky aren't showing it (and I don't know if they aren't, because their own website has a section on GAA which says sod-all about it). I'm guessing you're based in Ireland, so can just get it on RTE?

• Paid Members

I'm based in England, but follow it on Sky mostly (or have done in recent years). That said, if you have a decent VPN installed you can watch a lot of stuff on the RTE Player, which might include the GAA. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

I'm based in England, but follow it on Sky mostly (or have done in recent years). That said, if you have a decent VPN installed you can watch a lot of stuff on the RTE Player, which might include the GAA. 

Ah, cool, thanks for that! The nearest thing I could find was this GAAGo app, but apparently it only works in Ireland. I'm not very savvy when it comes to stuff like proxy servers unfortunately.

Thanks for all your help though, it's appreciated.

Archived