Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fucking hell lads, how many of ya?

Clearly what needs to happen here is one of you needs to orchestrate a big UKFF comedy doo, raffle, tombola, food things that aren’t funny to mention anymore, book all the other comedians mentioned above, and the remaining 10 of us will come and watch it.

If by some wave of a wand you all did decide to do an event, I’d be there in a crack.

Going back to the coffee thing, does anyone in the UK use Vietnamese coffee? They make a ton of it here and usually make it using hot water through something called a Phin. It's basically a small filtration device that fits above your cup and drips it directly in. Really easy and mess free. I wouldn't dream of using instant after finding them. 

6 hours ago, BigJag said:

I thInk I've had this at Pho. It had condensed milk at the bottom of the glass. The coffee slowly filtered into the condensed milk. It was both fascinating and very tasty.

Yeah that would be called a ca phe sua. Which is basically translated to milk coffee. It's the go to drink here for coffee drinkers but super fattening. I tend to.just have the coffee over ice as even one with condensed milk piles on the pounds. 

Great to hear it's available (dread the price). Ca phe sua is a great unclogger, few sips and a cigarette and its go time!

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Fucking hell lads, how many of ya?

Clearly what needs to happen here is one of you needs to orchestrate a big UKFF comedy doo, raffle, tombola, food things that aren’t funny to mention anymore, book all the other comedians mentioned above, and the remaining 10 of us will come and watch it.

If by some wave of a wand you all did decide to do an event, I’d be there in a crack.

Put in a rumble and a pie-and-peas supper, and they'll be turning them away at the door.

• Paid Members

Ok, this is a little out of left field but has anyone got any suggestions or can they help at all:

I am a cricket umpire and I help with the organisation of umpires for a couple of leagues. All the umpired get a mark from the teams for each game they do and I collect them, and produce averages. They  currently send them in by email or text and I put them into an excel spreadsheet. This is pretty time consuming as I am somewhat of a luddite. 

So my question is. Is there an app I can use to make my job easier or how much would it cost to make a little app to make my job easier. 

Thanks in advance if you can help with either. 

• Moderators
On 13/12/2017 at 2:35 PM, simonworden said:

Yeah that would be called a ca phe sua. Which is basically translated to milk coffee. It's the go to drink here for coffee drinkers but super fattening. I tend to.just have the coffee over ice as even one with condensed milk piles on the pounds. 

Great to hear it's available (dread the price). Ca phe sua is a great unclogger, few sips and a cigarette and its go time!

I really enjoyed this when I went to Vietnam (particularly the cafe su daa one over ice). When I got back it was easy enough to buy the filter at a Vietnamese shop down the road in Camberwell to make them at home.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Ok, this is a little out of left field but has anyone got any suggestions or can they help at all:

I am a cricket umpire and I help with the organisation of umpires for a couple of leagues. All the umpired get a mark from the teams for each game they do and I collect them, and produce averages. They  currently send them in by email or text and I put them into an excel spreadsheet. This is pretty time consuming as I am somewhat of a luddite. So my question is. Is there an app I can use to make my job easier or how much would it cost to make a little app to make my job easier. Thanks in advance if you can help with either. 

To be honest, the time consuming aspect seems to be the data entry and you’ll still have to input this regardless.

If the process is:

People send you scores individually  - you retrieve scores from email - you input that data in to spreadsheet - you send out averages.

The only thing that would change is the word spreadsheet for app... unless you managed to get everyone to upload their scores on to a system that automatically churned out a percentage and everyone could access/review it. I have no idea what that system is. I’ve had a look online but nothing suggests there is an existing app covering what you need (at least that I can find). Plenty of scoring apps, but nothing I can see that can formulate.

Archived