Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Ralphy is bang on. Spoonful of freeze dried stuff swirled through hot porridge is fantastic. Incredibly, it works great in a risotto bianco.

Another nomination for Azera which tradesmen get round my house. Often on offer at one of the supermarkets. 

Fucking hell. I had a little chuckle about the absurdity of you actually being able to make instant coffee taste decent. But there you are, actually doing it. This may surpass all of your potatoey miracles.

• Paid Members

Anyone ever broken a toe? I stubbedy little toe off a chair and it's come up swollen, bruised and discoloured, and pretty painful. Some basic NHS advice online seems to suggest it might be broken. 

Anyone has any experience and know the best way to treat it? Is running/crosstraining/cyclone at the gym off the table for now if it broken?

Yup, I've broken both little toes at different times. Get the frozen peas on it, and don't go to A&E unless the bone is poking through the skin. They'll just tell you it's broken and send you home without even x-raying you. 

Strap it up with plasters, put socks on very carefully and non-tight trainers. I went barefoot for a week, but I did mine in the summer. 

It'll take a couple of weeks to settle down, running will hurt like hell, as will walking. Only cycle if you can keep your foot completely flat. 

Once you get through the first 10 days or so, it'll be fine. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, mim731 said:

Anyone ever broken a toe? I stubbedy little toe off a chair and it's come up swollen, bruised and discoloured, and pretty painful. Some basic NHS advice online seems to suggest it might be broken. 

Anyone has any experience and know the best way to treat it? Is running/crosstraining/cyclone at the gym off the table for now if it broken?

My favourite method is to convince myself it isn't broken, continue walking/running/jumping on it (interspersed with heavy bouts of swearing) before finally accepting it might be broken after all, only to be told that I should have got it checked out sooner and the joint is now arthritic.

• Paid Members

There’s a few people who do stand up comedy and a few that run/promote their own nights @Tommy!. 

@HarmonicGenerator being the main one that springs to mind based in Newcastle. 

@Shy Dad has done quite a bit of stand up including the fringe, and may have promoted his own night (I know he’s just been chatting about possibly promoting some wrestling/music in the future).

Archived