Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

No it’s not in my experience. Not worded like that anyway. I’d ask that you see all service certificates before hand, any maintenance records, so you know that everything is 100% working effectively. Although the majority of appliances won’t have these, it might make them think ‘ohh shit, err, nevermind’. 

In one of my previous rents the cooker fucked, they fixed it. So I’m unsure as to how they can get you to do so... unless you obviously ‘break it’.. they should be responsible for wear and tear/obsolescence costs.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It should not need to be connected to a smart phone/tablet all the time. Most watches of this type will record data throughout the day. Then download the data to the tablet/smart phone when the watch connects to it.

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, Ralphy said:

if i purchased an activity watch such as this, would it need to be linked to a smart phone all the time for it to work? i have a android tablet, but i do not have a smartphone

Ive wanted a watch like this for a while

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GanRiver-Pressure-Pedometer-Reminder-Wristband/dp/B074J8Q9MX?tag=goodealsuk-21

Communicates via Bluetooth. Does your tablet have Bluetooth? Not all Android ones do, especially the cheaper ones.

I had something to eat last week with a couple of mates in a Morrison's cafe.

After my all day breakfast arrived I emptied sachets of both Tomato and HP sauces albeit at opposite sides of the plate.

My mates looked at me as if I had just shat on the plate and one of them has not stopped going on and fucking on about it since.

Surely I am not the only one who does this, or am I?

• Paid Members

I'd say you're in the clear there, young Theszer. The appropriate way to do condiments is to bang as much as possible on the plate at any one time, ideally as many types as possible too. Next time, I'd also try and wang half a litre of mustard on there in addition and watch as your friends brains explode.  

• Paid Members

My immediate response was to call you a disgusting pervert but, thinking about it, so long as they're separate enough, it's no different to having your HP sauce and the sauce from the beans. Have all the condiments you like.

29 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Reminds of that practical joke where you mix a load of Skittles and chocolate M&Ms in a bowl together.

"Lousy farmer. Yell at me for running through his wheat field, will he? I'll show him..."

• Awards Moderator

There's a few TV spods on this forum so I'm after some advice: I'm really tempted by a new Samsung (I like the software, and we all have Samsung phones so you get that casting thingy). But Argos on Black Friday are doing these Hisense at brilliant prices:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7392292

I've never heard of Hisense. But it's half the price of the Samsung equivalent. Anyone got any thoughts on it? The Argos reviews are very favourable but y'know, Argos reviews.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

My mate has a Hisense, and its very good to be honest, especially for the price

Edit, i think it may even be that exact one 

Thanks Ralphy. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the onscreen guide, general usability etc. Have you used it yourself?

I'm very far from a technophobe but a TV has to be super easy to use. I just want to find my programme and watch telly, y'know? Not lagging on ten menus.

10 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

There's a few TV spods on this forum so I'm after some advice: I'm really tempted by a new Samsung (I like the software, and we all have Samsung phones so you get that casting thingy). But Argos on Black Friday are doing these Hisense at brilliant prices:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7392292

I've never heard of Hisense. But it's half the price of the Samsung equivalent. Anyone got any thoughts on it? The Argos reviews are very favourable but y'know, Argos reviews.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that exact same TV. My girlfriends parents have a Hisense and it's pretty good so I think I'm sold on it.

Archived