Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Never said "Shit" but it did actually happen on my nephew's life. Stobhill Hospital Day Surgery, but luckily they changed their minds and wanted an emergency endoscope into the stomach, which I'm still waiting for 13 months later. God bless them NHS people.

As your clearly not keen on supporting the NHS and your not happy with the service go private. That's the only option in alot of countries. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

PC technical help needed:

For no apparant reason, sound coming out of my headphones plugged into my PC is all distorted. Doesn't matter where the sound is playing from - videos from VLC, Netflix, YouTube - the issue remains.

I had a look online but the fix I found (turn off all sound effects) didn't help.

Has anybody had this issue with W10? Know how to fix it? Thanks.

I've not used windows 10 very much, but presuming there's some kind of audio device control, are you able to switch output device to something else and then switch back to the default? If it's a PC, presumably there's 2 headphone jacks, front and back. Have you tried both? It's the green one usually, I'm sure you know that. How about updating the driver?

• Paid Members

Dick head point but, plug your headphones in to your phone, see what happens. Really sorry for stating it and being that guy, it's just you haven't mentioned it defo not being the headphones. Something similar happened on my work PC.. it was the headphones. The connector on the jack randomly fucked.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I did try that. That plus disable sound effects seemed to be the most common fix when I did some research. But it doesn't seem to work for me. 

Weird how when my girlfriend was using it the other week, this same thing happened. She woke me up late at night to ask me to come fix it but I said I'd do it in the morning. Come morning, it had fixed itself. 

To be honest, I need to take the whole thing apart and rebuild it. Lots of niggling little issues with it lately. 

• Paid Members

Aaaand, it's fixed itself again. I think I may know what's causing it. The time my girlfriend complained that it was happening, I'd done the same thing. I was using Tails, booting from a USB. When I was done with Tails, I restarted from Tails back into Windows. When I was getting the sound problems today, I restarted a few times but it didn't help. I just shut it down and left it for 15 minutes, turned it on and the sound works. So, I think it's something to do with restarted from Tails.

Archived