Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking for a mouse that has a ball that can scroll sideways or vertically for use in audio or video editing programs. It can be Bluetooth or wired, but ideally it'd be under £20. I'm not really sure how to go about searching for it online.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:53 AM, Ralphy said:

i know nothing about guitars, i was given this a while back, i was going to learn, but i am not patient enough, so could anyone who does know about guitars tell me what its worth please?

i looked on ebay at prices but its not very clear 

22008413_10159554432380492_8856224162584

22046136_10159554432765492_8917309417160

Ralphy, what's the serial number on the back of the headstock?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Sphinx said:

I'm looking for a mouse that has a ball that can scroll sideways or vertically for use in audio or video editing programs. It can be Bluetooth or wired, but ideally it'd be under £20. I'm not really sure how to go about searching for it online.

You'll be hard pressed to find anything decent at that price range. Try looking for Apple magic mouse clones for PC. It's been a godsend for scrubbing through timelines. You can also look at getting a cheaper mouse and assigning the scroll wheel click to go left/right when held down and moving the mouse

I've just purchased a fairly decent laptop. It currently has a 1TB hard drive installed, but I want to change it for a SSD. That bit is simple enough, but I was considering moving the HDD to where the DVD drive currently sits but it's looking more hassle than it's worth. I've looked at HDD cases so I can but the HDD into it and connect it as an external drive. The only thing I'm not sure of is if I can just plug it in via USB or whether it needs a power supply too (like some external hard drives require).

Anybody know?

• Paid Members

I posted before about postgraduate applications, asking for advice. I got some good advice from a couple of people here and wanted to update.

So, I got offers to a few places but today I got an offer for the MA/MSc Digital Journalism at Goldsmiths. This was my absolute first choice. They only take 15 students per year on this course and graduates from it are usually in high demand in the media industry. So, I am pretty fucking pleased with myself! Just got to make I don't flubb my last year at Birkbeck!

Why do so many artists have all caps for their name/song title/album name? For example, St. Vincent's latest album is MASSEDUCATION whilst you also have ZAYN or Kendrick's latest album DAMN. with songs like LOYALTY

Is it as simple as it trying to catch your eye? I don't think it works so well when everyone does it.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Why do so many artists have all caps for their name/song title/album name? For example, St. Vincent's latest album is MASSEDUCATION whilst you also have ZAYN or Kendrick's latest album DAMN. with songs like LOYALTY

Is it as simple as it trying to catch your eye? I don't think it works so well when everyone does it.

FUCK KNOWS MATE 

Archived