Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

There is no way a nurse actually said that.  I've had surgery 3 times in a Glasgow hospital and each time they've been very pleasant and positive before you go down to the theatre.

Surely bAz isn't embellishing something, he doesn't seem the type.

8 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

You're going to be fine. They have had 6 months to assess it. I got a tax rebate for just shy of 600 quid at the end of August for the last financial year. I had to wait a month for the cheque to turn up from though.

Thanks, it says you can claim online and should get the money within 5 working days or if you don't request the refund online, they send a cheque in about 60 days.

22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Thanks, it says you can claim online and should get the money within 5 working days or if you don't request the refund online, they send a cheque in about 60 days.

I was a bit slow claiming it because they wanted some info from my payslips and I was waiting my latest one to turn up.

19 minutes ago, hallicks said:

On the subject of tax, is it the employers duty to work out your tax code if you don't have one? 

Yeah they should just contact HMRC and find yours out.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

how likely is it that they've made a mistake? What I don't want to do is use the money then be told I need to give it back. 

You should be fine but I tend to over worry about this kind of thing too. 

You can contact the HMRC if you have any queries. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees

Ive emailed them with this exact question in the past and they were able to confirm it was indeed owed, neither an error or a scam.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

There is no way a nurse actually said that.  I've had surgery 3 times in a Glasgow hospital and each time they've been very pleasant and positive before you go down to the theatre.

Never said "Shit" but it did actually happen on my nephew's life. Stobhill Hospital Day Surgery, but luckily they changed their minds and wanted an emergency endoscope into the stomach, which I'm still waiting for 13 months later. God bless them NHS people.

Archived