Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's an Affinity strat made in either China or Indonesia. Most likely from one of those Strat starter packs but you can never really tell as they used what ever parts they had lying around for those guitars so they're all different.

£25 is a good price to start at. Doubt you'll get anything more than £100 tops even if it is a 96-2000 model. What's the serial number on the back of the headstock?

There used to be a very short cooking show on ITV networked through the night programming in the 1990's.   It was presented by an older, balding quite camp guy.  When he died his last recorded show, which was filmed with Dale Winton (maybe in his own kitchen), was shown as a tribute to him.

Has anyone any clue to what the show was or who this was?

Thanks in advance.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

it's an Affinity strat made in either China or Indonesia. Most likely from one of those Strat starter packs but you can never really tell as they used what ever parts they had lying around for those guitars so they're all different.

£25 is a good price to start at. Doubt you'll get anything more than £100 tops even if it is a 96-2000 model. What's the serial number on the back of the headstock?

It's YN-7.. so I believe it's a yoko/Taiwanese made in 97. I've had 2 in the past and they are nice strats. Quite thicker necks than more modern strats, which I quite like personally.

• Paid Members
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Ralphy said:

i know nothing about guitars, i was given this a while back, i was going to learn, but i am not patient enough, so could anyone who does know about guitars tell me what its worth please?

i looked on ebay at prices but its not very clear 

22008413_10159554432380492_8856224162584

22046136_10159554432765492_8917309417160

If it's in good nick then you should be able to get £50-60 for it. Squier is still a credible brand at the end of the day. Irt looks an unusual colour in the pic, like the scratchplate's been changed, or it could be Sonic Blue (which is a stupid colour that looks like someone hasn't mixed the white paint properly).

Try Gumtree before eBay. 

Archived