Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Thanks @Kaz Hayashi. What I'm thinking about is a website they can log into, see their fixture and umpire for the week they are in, put in the marks that they want to give and then have the website collect the marks automatically and collate them for me. All I would have to do is put in the fixtures and the umpires, which I already have to do anyway on the spreadsheet I use. 

I will have to look into this further and see what I can come up with. The good people of the UKFF have a wide and varied knowledge and I was just seeing if anyone knew of anything. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Came in to say Google Sheet with a Google Form. Easy to use, works great on mobile too. Couple of formulas for averages etc on the sheet and you're away. 

Shout if you need help. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, but on a completely separate subject...

Google drive.  Is there an app I can install that would let me open files in say Photoshop, directly from the Drive so that I didnt have to re-download elements at the start of every new project?

Cant see the point of uploading everything, only to have to keep re-downloading, deleting after use etc, but after losing everything to a hard drive failure a few weeks ago, keen not to keep everything locally stored if I can avoid it.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

I don't know for sure, but don't Adobe have their own cloud service built in that can do this? Otherwise Google drive should just automatically upload/download once it's saved. 

Interesting you mention this as it came up the other day in a team meeting.  My understanding is that you have a file in the drive lets say a word document for example, that your keeping in word because of functionality or compatility reasons, opening it in gdocs creates a duplicate, so the only way to amend would be to download, edit and re-upload.

I see no way the link can be maintained so that any changes I have to make outside gdocs, could automatically synch?  If that's possible then great.

• Awards Moderator

You need Adobe Drive on Creative Cloud John. 

With regards to Google Docs, it only maintains updates as long as you either work in Google Docs native format or install the desktop client for other filetypes.

• Paid Members

I'll preface this by saying that I haven't been on a plane (or at an airport) in ten years. So, this is all foreign to me.

I have a Ryan Air flight from Stansted coming up. It's an 8 am flight to Ireland, and the gate closes at 7:30 am. I'll be travelling with a big rucksack containing clothes etc.

Realistically, in practice, what time do I need to get to the airport to make sure that I clear security etc. and get on the plane? I've had someone recommend that I get there for 5:30 am. Surely that's excessive, right?

Is the rucksack your carry on bag?  If so then you will ok for about 7 as getting through security will take up most time.  If not, I'd add an extra half hour.  Last time I flew with Ryanair I had a QR code sent to me and just walked straight up to the security gate and scanned it, that was that.

On 15/12/2017 at 9:58 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Thanks @Kaz Hayashi. What I'm thinking about is a website they can log into, see their fixture and umpire for the week they are in, put in the marks that they want to give and then have the website collect the marks automatically and collate them for me. All I would have to do is put in the fixtures and the umpires, which I already have to do anyway on the spreadsheet I use. 

I will have to look into this further and see what I can come up with. The good people of the UKFF have a wide and varied knowledge and I was just seeing if anyone knew of anything. 

https://www.whostheumpire.com/index.php

Here is the answer to your prayers. I'm captain of my cricket team and I get an email mid week informing me which Umpire will be spoiling my weekend - I then can grade them on various things at the end.

You can set up categories for decision making/attitude/time keeping/did they stay for a pint afterwards. The captain then grades each sub category and you get an overall mark.

It takes me about 5 minutes to fill the form in, but will save you massive admin time.

• Awards Moderator

I'm looking for a Christmas miracle: I want to flash a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 up to Android 5x. I've not done this before and it's hella confusing. I've been searching for hours.

Is anyone able to link me to a decent guide or even the ROM itself? Ta.

• Paid Members

Why do I keep writing in cards “happy Christmas” when it makes far more sense to say “merry Christmas” so you can follow up with “...and a happy new year”?

I’ve been aware of this for between 2-3 decades, but continue to do it.

Archived