Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've taken up to 96 in a day. That's not advice. Just a statement.

You really should be dead right now.

You'll not feel liver problems until it's too late too. You've probably got some damage, or like me, got a steel proof liver (but I never went over eight a day, but I did it for years.).

Yeah, I'm sure my liver is not in the best of shape. I have this awful balancing act going on where I'm switching between codeine based painkillers containing paracetamol or ibuprofen in an attempt to mitigate liver damage and stomach damage. I am in the process of getting this sorted, though, at which point I'll go get a liver function test. I do spread it out and taking that many containing paracetamol is unusual, but not that unusual when it's ibuprofen. I've probably been lucky up to now.

Why do you not do a cold water extraction? I was addicted to codeine for a while, to the point I actually knocked back sex with a gorgeous French girl because I had to get to the chemist before it closed. What a fucking cunt.

• Paid Members

Not that I've ever done it myself (which is fucking true), but why is slipping a drug in a drink called a "Mickey Finn". Is Mickey Finn getting his good name tarnished here? Thanks!

Named after a US bar tender who used to spike people's drinks then rob them.

Not that I've ever done it myself (which is fucking true), but why is slipping a drug in a drink called a "Mickey Finn". Is Mickey Finn getting his good name tarnished here? Thanks!

No (not gay)?  bAz and Mickey sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G

• Paid Members

My laptop screen keeps going black. It's back when I move the mouse but then black again. It's an Acer aspire, I assume it thinks it the screen needs to sleep for some reason but can't work out why. It's fine until I've logged on, then it goes to tits, so the monitor is ok.

Can anyone help?

• Awards Moderator

"it goes to tits." Interesting.

Check the power save settings, scan for when it wants to sleep. Quick way to get there is to right click the battery / charging symbol.

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever been on Subutex? I will be going on that starting from Monday. The doctor told me that it will allow me to stop taking codeine and not have withdrawals. It's addictive in itself, but without the side effects of my liver falling out or my stomach exploding. She also told me I'd feel so great that I need to be careful because it may lead to me going out and getting blasted on booze or other drugs. Anyone have any experience of this?

Has anyone ever been on Subutex? I will be going on that starting from Monday. The doctor told me that it will allow me to stop taking codeine and not have withdrawals. It's addictive in itself, but without the side effects of my liver falling out or my stomach exploding. She also told me I'd feel so great that I need to be careful because it may lead to me going out and getting blasted on booze or other drugs. Anyone have any experience of this?

No ... but now I've been on a combo of cocodamol, pure codeine, tramadol, gabapentin, MST, liquid morphine (1 bottle every 3 days) & others, in various pairings/triples since 2009, Subutex seems rather appealing.

I'm going to call my GP today.

• Paid Members

No ... but now I've been on a combo of cocodamol, pure codeine, tramadol, gabapentin, MST, liquid morphine (1 bottle every 3 days) & others, in various pairings/triples since 2009, Subutex seems rather appealing.

I'm going to call my GP today.

Good luck. My own GP would only recommend I visit the local drug treatment place. It took me another 8 months or something to do that. Within a couple weeks, they're putting me on the Subutex. I feel a bit of a fraud when I go there because most everyone else is a full blown heroin or crack addict. 

I was recently involved in a car accident. My car is deemed beyond economical repair, and I've now finally been paid the insurance for it. The insurance company are not going to take the car away, so it is currently sitting on my drive and it has been SORN'd.

The car still drives. The damage is to the passenger door and rear panel. The passenger door doesn't open basically.

My question is, can I sell the car? Is there some other kind of declaration I have to make before I do?

• Paid Members

Make sure you get confirmation of the SORN. They should send you a little certificate.

If you sell the car. You'll need to declare it's history. Especially whatever classification the insurance gave it.

Along as the car is registered in your name. You are free to do with it as you please. Just be aware of what your legal responsibilities are in regards to the vehicle condition. DVLA will tell you what these are.

• Paid Members

No, but you'd be trading one addiction for another. Doctors are sly fuckers like that. Don't trust them. I've never tried it, but it supposedly lasts 24+ hours which will reel in the average drug taking person.

• Paid Members

No, but you'd be trading one addiction for another. Doctors are sly fuckers like that. Don't trust them. I've never tried it, but it supposedly lasts 24+ hours which will reel in the average drug taking person.

Well, the immediate problem is the damage I am doing to myself. Getting onto Subutex will help deal with that in the short term. After a little while I can look at tapering down and getting off it. Ideally I'd have two weeks to a month off work where I could shut myself away and deal with the opaite withdrawals without switching onto something else but I don't have the time between work and uni.

Archived