Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Sounds good. I wouldn't want you standing in line at 8am outside the chemist here in Glasgow like they are when they want their Subutex and/or Methadone. All the best SpursRiot.

In all honesty, I probably need the same thing. Maybe when this gallbladder is out and the pain all stops I'll look at getting a script for it.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question is, can I sell the car? Is there some other kind of declaration I have to make before I do?

Yes and yes. Did the insurance company give you a write off category? You must, and every subsequent seller must also, declare that the car was a category X write off. That's it.

There's an idea of categories:

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/what-is-an-insurance-write-off/

No, they didn't give me a category. It has been a nightmare from start to finish. The other driver was Polish with Polish insurance, so all my correspondence has been with a UK representative company. They've been pretty poor throughout, and I've finally, after 6 weeks, been paid out. Fucking foreign drivers, coming over here and driving wrong. Glad I voted Brexit.*

I was recently involved in a car accident.

Were you facing the right way when driving it?

This is no time for toilet humour.

*I didn't.

In all honesty, I probably need the same thing. Maybe when this gallbladder is out and the pain all stops I'll look at getting a script for it.

I had mine out three years ago and it's still causing me discomfort.

Mine came infected so they couldn't get it all out. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Paid Members

My question is, can I sell the car? Is there some other kind of declaration I have to make before I do?

Yes and yes. Did the insurance company give you a write off category? You must, and every subsequent seller must also, declare that the car was a category X write off. That's it.

There's an idea of categories:

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/what-is-an-insurance-write-off/

No, they didn't give me a category. It has been a nightmare from start to finish. The other driver was Polish with Polish insurance, so all my correspondence has been with a UK representative company. They've been pretty poor throughout, and I've finally, after 6 weeks, been paid out. Fucking foreign drivers, coming over here and driving wrong. Glad I voted Brexit.*

Even if you sell the car without a condition classification. You need to declare that the car has been deemed to be too expensive to repair. It's very important that you do this. You don't want a possibly dangerous car to go onto some body else. I don't quite understand why they haven't given you a classification. Even if it is the least severe classification.

I'd sell it to a scrap dealer and ensure they give me a certificate of scrappage. Make sure the ownership paperwork is correctly transferred.

I had no intention of selling it under false pretences. The passenger door is caved in, so I'd have a job. Unless I use my Derren Brown mind tricks on them.

I want to try and get as much for it as I can. Not sure if selling privately would be any better than scrapping it though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, you hear a lot about that. How painful it is after the surgery. It's putting me off getting it done. If you don't mind me asking, would you still have it out if you're still in a lot of pain now? I'm humming and hawwing about the whole thing. If I'm given painkillers (which I have, but they could be stronger) I could probably survive it staying in. I really don't want this surgery because if you look at Youtube doctor info videos of it, it's like it's the most simplest operation in the world, but they don't tell you about the TONS of complications afterwards.

Definitely do internet research first to see what all the possible side effects are, even the ones with 0.000001% chance.  Do it on the Darkweb and you can order your own special painkillers as well to save time later on....

Joking aside, my nan had her gallbladder out years ago and says it's the best thing ever - swapped crippling pain for a bit of occasional flatulence.

• Paid Members

As an update on my move to Subutex: I took my first dose today. 8mg and they gave me 4mg to take home for later in case I need it. Which seems a madly high dose for a codeine habit but I can only trust they know what they're doing. Cmpletely got rid of any and all withdrawal symptoms. And also has given me a nice buzz but as I understand it that will pass after a day or two. I will also be engaging with the service in terms of therapy and stuff to try and deal with the underlying issues behind my drug use over the years. I am quite excited to be finally dealing with all this. I'm 30 in June so it really was time to try and handle all this.

• Paid Members

YouTube is definitely the best source of medical advice after wrestling forums.

It was the official NHS channel.

I have been diagnosed with gallbladder stones. I've went through X-Rays and MRI scans. It isn't some mad idea I think I've got.

..and I've gave the "dark web" up. Apart from prescribed pain-pills I take when I'm in pain, I'm clean as a whistle. I need to be. I get blood tested every week to see if my liver is ok and I get a nice, wee graph every month of the results.

• Paid Members

I had no intention of selling it under false pretences. The passenger door is caved in, so I'd have a job. Unless I use my Derren Brown mind tricks on them.

I want to try and get as much for it as I can. Not sure if selling privately would be any better than scrapping it though.

Is the damage just to the door? Any idea if there is structural damage to the shell of the car? Bent chassis legs, suspension damage?

Have the insurance company not provided you with any sort of report?

You could try someone like this

https://www.removemycar.co.uk/

Yeah, you hear a lot about that. How painful it is after the surgery. It's putting me off getting it done. If you don't mind me asking, would you still have it out if you're still in a lot of pain now? I'm humming and hawwing about the whole thing. If I'm given painkillers (which I have, but they could be stronger) I could probably survive it staying in. I really don't want this surgery because if you look at Youtube doctor info videos of it, it's like it's the most simplest operation in the world, but they don't tell you about the TONS of complications afterwards.

Yeah I would do it again, probably sooner in all honesty.

Archived