Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

As long as you have a decent enough financial history, you will find most places will be quite sympathetic and may negotiate a payment plan with you. It might mean you take a hit on your credit rating, but it's a far better option than just not paying it and not explaining the situation.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuperBacon

As the gentlemen above have stated, giving your debtors a ring and seeing if there is anything they can do to help in regards to lightening the load or providing a different payment plan in the short term is a good place to start.

I know its a personal question but are you claiming any benefits at all? If not, have look at https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits as you may be entitled to something.

If you're worried about debt/food/money and feel its getting a little too much please don't be afraid to ask for help whether it stems from here, citizens advice bureau or even your local community hub (If you have one in your area.) you'd be surprised what can be helped with.

Also I know it seems like a bad situation now but please have confidence in yourself that you will turn things around, it may not be easy or even quick but you will get there.

• Paid Members

Cheers, Hiatus hernia sounds awful, hope your ok now!

It was awful. I had chronic indigestion and would wake up in the middle of the night choking on bile - sorry for that image. I had an endoscopy - which was the worst experience I've ever had and burst all the blood vessels in my eyes from it - and they found the hernia was the reason. I had the surgery at the same time as a gastric band and had to go on a very low calorie diet beforehand to shrink my liver enough to get to everything. I was limited to about 500 calories a day which was basically Slim Fast for every meal (shake or cereal bar), no sugar, no dairy, I could have miso soup or a cup of Oxo if I wanted a hot drink and I could have sugar free jelly if I wanted something sweet. I threw up on the evening of the first day from going cold turkey on everything.

Anyway, had the surgery. Everything's fixed and I no longer get indigestion. It took about 10 weeks for everything to heal properly. That was 4 years ago and I'be not at any problems since.

You're all incredibly kind, thank you fir the advice and kind words. I called my bank and they've agreed that I don't have to make my loan payment or credit card for 3 months which is great.

I am waiting for benefits to come through, so will give them a bell tomorrow to chase.

As for child support, no it's nothing official as me and my ex wife are very good friends so we agreed that we didn't want to go down that formal route. However it's tough as she relies on that money to pay her rent it really is a priority for me.

Again, I can't thank you all enough. It's choked me up it really has. Long live the UKFF family :)

• Paid Members

what is better, the roku streaming stick or the media player

If it's exactly the same shit on both devices, I'd go for whatever is the cheapest.

ADDED:  But you'd have to buy a HDMI cable for the box. I'd go for the streaming stick.

Archived