Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a standard week in say June it might be unusual but not unheard off to wait that long but at this time of year its pretty normal to expect a longer wait, and even more so with Xmas Day and New Years Day being on a weekend it made the 27th Dec and 2nd Jan Bank Holidays with no postal service

If it hasn't arrived by the weekend then thats the time to assume it may be lost 

• Paid Members

So I'm doing my tax return. I know someone on here works for the HMRC, or at least used to when I was last around here.

I work from home and it's a rental. Can I claim back the rent or part of the rent on it, I'm registered as self-employed so presumably this is also my business address. Also, can I claim for gas, water, electric and council tax as well? If so, how much is safe so that I don't get a fucking audit or something because I don't think I would be able to get through that alive. Ta.

Totally on a different trend. Could some kind soul possibly photoshop this picture of Fred Dibnah so that he's covered in blood ala Patrick Bateman in American Psycho for me? It's in honour of our'Fred's expected murder spree at the Royal Rumble. I'd like to use it as a sig.

P7FredDibnah.jpg

Is this any good to you?

2ztaurm.jpg

So I'm doing my tax return. I know someone on here works for the HMRC, or at least used to when I was last around here.

I work from home and it's a rental. Can I claim back the rent or part of the rent on it, I'm registered as self-employed so presumably this is also my business address. Also, can I claim for gas, water, electric and council tax as well? If so, how much is safe so that I don't get a fucking audit or something because I don't think I would be able to get through that alive. Ta.

Been a few years but when I last did one I could claim something back and it was really easy on the online system they gave you all the percentages and info on how to do it I think. Rental has nothing to do with if you can or not . I'm not sure about what costs you can claim back as I was working from my parents place so just claimed something minimal but i'd have a look through the online system and see if you can work it out as I remember it being pretty easy to understand. 

Archived