Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Nice. I actually have a few outstanding defaults (totalling about £1400) according to my credit report so it was a shock to get approved. I might look into paying off that debt as well to improve things further.

The ultimate aim is to be able to be on our mortgage application when we move out of London and sell the flat. At the moment, putting my name on a mortgage application would be a death knell I think.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get on something like Clear Score. Its a free app/site that gives you your basic credit score every 30 days.

I applied for my card after seeing my credit had slowly increased almost to that of the "local average score" so thought I'd give it a bash, and hey presto, I have a credit card hah. Only a low level one, but it's a foot on the ladder.

Does anybody on here do taxidermy (apart from KatVonD, he's stuffed a few birds in his time. WAHEY LADSLADSLADS etc)?

It's always fascinated me but no idea where to look for courses. Just fancying a go as a one off like an experience day, I don't want a fridge full of inedible animals. Seen a place doing day courses in that London but ideally want to stay inside Yorkshire if possible. Information seems a bit thin on the ground.

Edit: Was typing my post when Chest his and looks like I'm replying to this-

Spurs, can we set up some kind of code in advance for when you inevitably fake your own death, just so that I know you're ok and don't need to be sad?

I'd like to confirm that I'm not waiting for Spurs to actually die so I can mount his head on my wall like a trophy.

• Paid Members

Does anybody on here do taxidermy (apart from KatVonD, he's stuffed a few birds in his time. WAHEY LADSLADSLADS etc)?

It's always fascinated me but no idea where to look for courses. Just fancying a go as a one off like an experience day, I don't want a fridge full of inedible animals. Seen a place doing day courses in that London but ideally want to stay inside Yorkshire if possible. Information seems a bit thin on the ground.

I did a taxidermy workshop last year (in London though) and loved it. I got a home taxidermy kit from the same lady who does the workshop as a birthday present but wanted some hands on demonstration before attempting it myself. I still haven't gotten around to it mind. I did the mouse workshop but there are others - rats, rabbits, birds, etc. I really want to do a squirrel though.

Anyway, here's a blog I wrote about it with some photos: https://engyles.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/taxidermy-workshop/

• Paid Members

Anudda question, this time tattoo related.

I took a tumble over the weekend and have a fairly deep graze right where I got my tattoo done on my arm in August. Once it heals, is it likely to need touching up or what? I'm guessing it depends how deep the wound is. I would call it a graze, a deep graze, rather than a wound, but still.

It's always fascinated me but no idea where to look for courses. Just fancying a go as a one off like an experience day, I don't want a fridge full of inedible animals. Seen a place doing day courses in that London but ideally want to stay inside Yorkshire if possible. Information seems a bit thin on the ground.

I did a taxidermy workshop last year (in London though) and loved it. I got a home taxidermy kit from the same lady who does the workshop as a birthday present but wanted some hands on demonstration before attempting it myself. I still haven't gotten around to it mind. I did the mouse workshop but there are others - rats, rabbits, birds, etc. I really want to do a squirrel though.

Anyway, here's a blog I wrote about it with some photos: https://engyles.wordpress.com/2015/07/21/taxidermy-workshop/

Monkee, that was a massive help, cheers. Liked the blog post too, really useful. Tempted to get one of the kits and maybe risk venturing out of The Shire for a course.

• Paid Members

Wonderful stuff, cheers Kaz.

No bother, one thing that sites mentions is that they are the only recognised guild of taxidermists which I assume means ethics and responsibility are top notch. So every tutor associated is legit.

However, I have no idea if that actually means anything or is just used as a POS.

Monkee may have a better idea though.

Archived