Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you end up moving? Have you considered that your landlord may in fact be dead?

Bow, just on a short term tenancy until friends of ours are out of their contract to share a flat with.

I would've considered that if he hadn't left a note for us through the letterbox yesterday saying everything would be fixed today. Perhaps his murderer wrote the note.

• Paid Members

It's Bow, I'd assume he's dead. I used to live right next to

west Ham station, so I can sympathize.

On a lighter note, is that in Newham? Their trading standards and citizens advice are actually pretty great I'd, used them both when I lived there, including with landlord fuckery, and they got the job done.

• Paid Members

Random question of the day. Find me a word stronger than "love"? (but obviously meaning the same thing, no dirtiness either)

Interesting. The word love when used in relation to a feeling for another life form is arguably the strongest of all words, relating to emotion.

However, it is also commonly used to over state how much you like an object or item, so it's worth can mean less.

For me, two words that come closest, are devotion and idolise. They don't mean exactly the same thing, but are similar and I think they are very strong words to describe a positive feeling towards another life.

Love still ranks higher though.

Tin of pressurised air maybe? They've got a wee straw attachment like WD40, stick that up there and give it a blast (oo-er). Can pick them up in most poundshops.

Cheers to both of you lads (sorry dont know how to double quote), it seems that it was tissue/pocket lint stuck in the jack. Still seems to be some in there, but headphones actually go in now so all good.

Random question of the day. Find me a word stronger than "love"? (but obviously meaning the same thing, no dirtiness either)

For me, two words that come closest, are devotion and idolise. They don't mean exactly the same thing, but are similar and I think they are very strong words to describe a positive feeling towards another life.

Love still ranks higher though.

On a similar line I'd go with Worship. Feels like it's something higher than love and less passive.

Probably due it's common usage but love feels more like a state of being whilst worship is actively doing something.

I have similar issues but usually it is during Smackdown. It is a right pain in the tits. I have looked at trying to change the auto update time to no avail.

On a separate note, is any of you bastard an extra in the introduction to Jury Service video? There is a chap wearing a CM Punk Best in the World shirt and and two sleeves of tats.

I have similar issues but usually it is during Smackdown. It is a right pain in the tits. I have looked at trying to change the auto update time to no avail.

On a separate note, is any of you bastard an extra in the introduction to Jury Service video? There is a chap wearing a CM Punk Best in the World shirt and and two sleeves of tats.

I'm coming terms with the fact that I'm an unfunny bastard, because I've tried and failed for about 10 minutes to make a joke linking UK Kat von D and that episode of Peep Show where Jeremy is on jury duty and shags the defendant. 

Archived