Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Moderators

So, hang on, wool's a problem now? If sheep weren't sheared their fleeces would become infested with maggots and would cause the sheep great discomfort as the maggots feed upon it. If a sheep has flystrike the maggots can do in a sheep quite quickly.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Isn't the problem with how the animals are kept and treated in the wool industry and not the shearing itself?

I'd assume it's to do with the treatment of the animals and not the shearing itself. There was a video kicking about Facebook (well, my feed at least) showing some pretty brutal shearing, guys going at it so fast they were taking chunks of flesh out the poor wee lambs.

• Moderators

But if Sheep are going to be getting sheared anyway, doesn't it make sense to sell the wool? I mean this farm on that mirror site looks to be an absolute disgrace, but you know. You're going to have that wool anyway.

• Paid Members

So, hang on, wool's a problem now? If sheep weren't sheared their fleeces would become infested with maggots and would cause the sheep great discomfort as the *faggots feed upon it*. If a sheep has flystrike the maggots can do in a sheep quite quickly.

And that's after an edit butch...

How come you can't use screws Slapnut? Can you use No More Nails?

Just moved into a flat and, bizarrely, there are no blinds or curtains nor a rail in my room. I can't be arsed with the faff of going through the landlord (even though it's his responsibility really) and I don't trust I'll get my deposit back if I start drilling holes in the wall.

I've just bought a cheap pair of shit ones from Ikea for £3 which should last me a few weeks. Not perfect, but at least nobody can see through the window while I'm having a wa.....getting changed.

• Paid Members

Is it really beyond you to realise for yourself that anything involving large scale production of animal products very possibly involves lots of animals not being treated very well?

Thats abit out of line. Resonable question,its certainly not something thats highlighted.

Personally I have sheep so I'm aware of some of the conditions but in the UK its not really spoken

• Paid Members

Isn't the problem with how the animals are kept and treated in the wool industry and not the shearing itself?

I'd assume it's to do with the treatment of the animals and not the shearing itself. There was a video kicking about Facebook (well, my feed at least) showing some pretty brutal shearing, guys going at it so fast they were taking chunks of flesh out the poor wee lambs.

That does happen but there few and far between. Cowboys like that won't get work as a general rule. Farmers/ live stock owners talk and I'm yet to meet one without morals.

Archived