Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone give me some tips.

I am thinking of getting Now TV, or something equivalent.  It seems that the versions of it that only use internet aren't that good, and to get a decent experience I'd need an aerial.

What are the chances that a portable indoor aerial will do the job?  I do have an aerial on my roof, but it's not connected to anything, so I'd have to dick about with more wires and stuff.

The broadband only version might be enough though, as this is just for my spare room, and I'm not planning on using it to replace Sky in the lounge.

Advise, please.

• Paid Members

Now TV is awesome, without a doubt get that. I didn't realise there were different versions of it to be honest. I have the internet one and watch it through PS4. It has loads and loads of on demand stuff and you can also watch channels live.

• Paid Members

What's going to be the best way to get UK (or at least English language) TV when I'm in Germany?

When my mate lived over there, his mum used to tape his favourite shows and send him a package of VHS tapes every month, and then he would watch them, and send them back the next month. They had a system. Don't know if that helps.

Now TV is awesome, without a doubt get that. I didn't realise there were different versions of it to be honest. I have the internet one and watch it through PS4. It has loads and loads of on demand stuff and you can also watch channels live.

Can you only use it on one device?

• Awards Moderator

Can you only use it on one device?

You can use it on 4 devices, bear in mind a chromecast counts separately and you can only change them once a month. Apart from that ballache it's a good service.

What's going to be the best way to get UK (or at least English language) TV when I'm in Germany?

I remember one of my friends had Sky and with some English language programming on various channels, you could change the audio back into English instead of dubbing. You won't get that with the standard channels though.

VPN should work. I used Hola and it worked perfectly fine with Sky Go, though they might have clamped down on that recently.

No help at all but you definitely need to watch things you're familiar with dubbed in to German. I went on an exchange trip when I was in college and, feeling mildly homesick, opted to watch the only thing I recognised on the TV schedule- Wild Wild West. Will Smith's dubbed German voice is a wonder to behold, particularly as any comedic timing goes out of the window and it's just a staccato delivery from start to finish.

Archived