Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just tell everybody involved and give your friend a good old baseball-batting for being a twat and for not being concerned about his, or other people's, sexual health.

ADDED: When the docs thought I had Hepatitis A (which I don't have and they thought I had), they told me to give them the names of people I've been in contact with. Some random doctor phoned me up. You don't need to give the doctors the information (up here in Scotland anyway). I told them I would at least wait until I was diagnosed with it. Thank Christ I didn't have it. Phew.

I would presume, even though Aids seems to be a bigger "thing" generally, giving anybody an STI [knowingly], which in this case can lead to fertility issues, would be very bad.

Might be worth consulting a local "legal team", and phoning him into the police. Bit drastic like, but you cant have him going about and just carry on A) being a bit of a twat and B) not caring about the sexual health of other.

If your mate's happy to do nothing more than gossip to you about it, then I'm not sure I'd prioritise his friendship above the wellbeing of everyone his classy mate gets his grotty end away with. It does seem to fall on you, sadly, to be the better person on both their behalves.

It's unfortunately not as simple as him "gossiping" about it. There are other factors at play. My point is really about how I can get the information to her with as little collateral damage as possible. I've been told in confidence, not for any bragging rights or for the lolz. I don't want to betray that confidence, but obviously more important things are at stake also.

I'm discussing it with a mutual friend this evening to see what the best option is.

• Paid Members

Chlamydia in women can cause damage very quickly. I used to work in the area so I would seriously advise you get in touch with them ASAP. Try the free sim thing if you don't want to outright dob him in it. Quite honestly he only deserves so much protecting though

Sending anonymous notes saying 'hi, you dont know who i am but you have probably got the clap'. Just when you think this place can't get any creepier....

Ring (or go to) the clap clinic, tell them whats happened and they'll tell you what you or they can do.  Tell them you're concerned but have no way of contacting the ladies involved and they'll either tell you there's nothing they can do or they'll have a way to contact them - just remember to remind them to keep you anonymous.

Archived