Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And those same ICRs will be made available to a wide range of government bodies.

Those include expected law enforcement organisations like the police, the military and the secret service – but also contain bodies like the Food Standards Agency, the Gambling Commission, council bodies and the Welsh Ambulance Services National Health Service Trust.

"Hello, Welsh Ambulance Services..."

"Hi, yes, please help. I need an ambulance, I've fallen through the conservatory roof and I'm cut to ribbons. Please hurry."

"Certainly, can you tell me your address?"

"I'm at 24 Sycamore Gardens, Renford Est-"

"No, your IP address."

"My what?"

"We need to check if you're allowed on the same floor of the hospital as the children's ward."

DWP check you out when you're applying for ESA supposedly, so keep those Facebook pages private.

Chances are that the DWP have been checking out claimants on Facebook for a while.  They are probably told to do a quick search to see if they can find them on social media to catch people out.  Like those that claim for depression and bad backs but swamp their Facebook with pics of themselves on holidays and nights out.

• Paid Members

Our Jobcentre has a dedicate social media team, whose job is to make sure your lifestyle matches what they think it should be.

It's easy to pinpoint when I found this out, as it's the day my Facebook suddenly changed to say I was an Italian fellow living in America, with a disclaimer stating that everything on there was fiction.

• Paid Members

I always wondered about that.
One day...no joke, my other Facebook account name was changed to someone named Mandy Nail with accompanying picture and everything.
It was just a shit account for the DJing, but still, was real random to log on one day to find everything gone to be replaced with a picture of two women sitting on a wall in sunglasses.

• Paid Members

Tor via Tails. Use it for all internet browsing activity. Let them try and track internet usage and history then, the fucks.

I could be imagining it but I thought that even searching for Tails downloads got you on a watch list.
Yeah, they say you go on some NSA list for even visiting the Tor Project's website. Same with Tails. But once you're using those tools, there isn't much they can do. I mean, if they were specifically targeting you there are man in the middle attacks and 0day exploits and shit they can use to de-anonymise you, even just straight up social engineeeing information out of you, if they're after you, but you're probably not a terrorist so just being on a list somewhere doesn't mean much.

What we're really talking about here is privacy anyway, not anonymity. Even using Tor, you aren't truly using the internet anonymously. There will be some piece of identifying information somewhere.

Use a VPN, yeah, but use one that is very clear about how it handles your data and never use a free one if you really want to improve privacy.

I saw a picture of Alicia Silverstone for PETA where she is naked holding a Wyatt mask. However it was about going naked instead of wearing wool. Can anyone tell me what is supposedly wrong with wearing Wool as far as I knew all that happened was the sheep got a nifty haircut and were probably held in place like a naughty child but it grows back. Is there something i'm missing or is it just the latest over reaction to a lefty cause!

Archived