Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going out of my mind here, need someone to help me remember the name of a type of shot I used to buy from the off license when I was 16/17.

They were sold in packs of 4 and were made of clear, rigid plastic with a plastic lid that was colour coded to match the flavour. I know they definitely sold them in Apple flavour with a green lid and the abv was 20%. It's not Twisted shots because they have a foil lid and these ones had a thicker, plastic lid that you had to break the seal of an unpeel round the edge to lfit the lid of.

Any ideas? Genuinely driving me mental.

• Paid Members

Sorry to keep mentioning this, but I'm trying to decide which turntable/record player to buy my girlfriend for Christmas. I've narrowed it down to two options:

This model has good reviews, isn't out of my budget (although is at the top end of it) and looks good. It seems I'd need to buy this little pre-amp thing and some wires as well for it to work with our stereo system.

The alternative is significantly cheaper, also has decent reviews, but doesn't look as good. But I'm thinking, for her purposes, it'd be fine. Any opinions on these? Also, I assume I would also need a pre-amp for this model as well?!

Shits complicated.

The mutual friend is going to broach the subject with the cunt this evening and try to convince him to do the right thing. If that fails then I'll get in touch with the clinic.

I need closure on this please as its upset me and I'm nosey. Cheers

Paging Dr Justice

How did this go in the end?

• Moderators

If you just type phono preamp into Amazon any of those will do the job. There's one for a tenner that looks just fine.

It boosts the volume of the signal enough for you to be able to plug into your normal aux in on your stereo, essentially. If you don't use it it'll be super quiet with loads of electrostatic noise.

• Paid Members

I sold my pair of 1210's and my pmc-05 mixer about 6 years ago, regretted it ever since. However, with so much new readily available vinyl on the market at the moment, it's time to buy something. So i'm going for an all in one job.

Vinyl/cd/cassette and mp3 player with bluetooth. It's wankery at the higest level but compact in size and general quality cant be sniffed at.

I still have crates of vinyl, books of cd's and believe it or not, a couple of shoeboxes of tapes. A few local groups have started knocking tapes out in my area and im all for it.

Good thing is with these machines is that not all have crap built in speakers or are set in a pretend suitcase. Some come with RCA connected active speakers and allow for upgrades when/if required with no watt/output limit.

Out of what you have linked spurs, the pioneer is spot on much like chest has confirmed.

Seen this posted online (so it must be true). Can someone confirm it isn't?

Summarised, organisations such as the police, Department for Work and Pensions and the Foods Standards Agency will be able to see UK citizens' internet histories within a few weeks.

Article pasted for anyone on mobile.

"Organisations including the PSNI, Food Standards Agency and the Department for Work and Pensions will be able to see UK citizens' entire internet browsing history in weeks.

The Investigatory Powers Bill, which was all but passed into law this week, forces internet providers to keep a full list of Internet Connection Records (ICRs) for a year, and make them available to the government if it asks.

Those ICRs effectively serve as a full list of every website that people have visited, not collecting which specific pages are visited or what's done on them but serving as a full list of every site that someone has visited and when.

And those same ICRs will be made available to a wide range of government bodies.

Those include expected law enforcement organisations like the police, the military and the secret service – but also contain bodies like the Food Standards Agency, the Gambling Commission, council bodies and the Welsh Ambulance Services National Health Service Trust."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/technology/your-entire-internet-history-to-be-viewable-by-psni-taxman-dwp-and-food-standards-agency-and-other-government-bodies-within-weeks-35242522.html

Archived