Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ordering stuff online around Christmas is great if you want shit service and apologetic freebies as a result. Not so great if you just want the thing you ordered.

Yeah, I got a couple of months free last year of Amazon Prime because two things turned up late. Didn't even need to haggle for it as well. Here you go. Sorry for your trouble.

You can see this problem happening a lot now when they use DPD. If you use "Express Delivery" and want it before 1pm. around here, they send for DPD, who won't deliver it before 1pm. So you'd be entitled to a free month and probably the money you paid for "Express Delivery" back too.

Not sure if people are aware of this but if you take a course with e-careers you can get a nus extra card which means you can get Amazon prime student free for 6 months.

You can also get student discount all over the place.

If you check the deal sites you can get courses for £9.

I didn't even know Prime had a student option and I've been part time at Uni for nearly two years! Cheers for the heads up, just activated my free 6 months.

They filmed the Spall one round my way. Remember looking out of my window thinking who is the fat cunt with a film crew, then clocked who it was. Badly Drawn Tramp did the music and was sat outside Electrik watching the filming, the smelly bellend.

Only an abdominal scan, looking around for gallstones.

How long do they take to get the results? I really can't be handling this pain and constant sickness at night.

OK & getting the results depends, you won't get them instantly I wouldn't think, although I think if they find something of note they'd tell you.

Something worth pointing out is it's pretty loud and vibrates a lot so when I got out I was walking as if I was pissed. Felt out of it for a while after, a bit sick. I've spoken to other folk who've had them done and some have said they had the same thing afterwards, some have said they felt fine. Just a heads up incase you feel shitty afterwards that it's not necessarily anything out of the ordinary.

The only thing which was of note I recall is they put like a chair there as a form of a optical illusion I guess to look like it's closer than it is. Yet when they pull you out of the MRI it's at the end of the room.

EDIT: Just that I'll be worrying over Christmas, which would be awful. Last Ultrasound looked really bad. My gallbladder is fit to burst. Operation very soon after the MRI Scan supposed to be. or it's the old tube down the throat to get the gallstones out of the bile duct which sounds brilliantly fun. :(  .. Doesn't look good to be old bAzTNM at the moment. :(

I wouldn't try and worry too much. I would have thought they'd have done a CT scan (if they haven't done so already) but maybe they are looking for better imagery with the MRI. I think the operation would be a better option of the two. They can do other things but I think this site is US based: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/gallstones-other-treatmentThere's another article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2197834/Gallstones-I-hardly-pain-shockwaves-shattered-gallstones.html If you're concerned with the other treatment available I'd suggest talking to your doc/surgeon about what the best treatment option(s) are for you personally.

• Paid Members

Are there any working journalists on this here forum who'd be open to having a quick (phone) chat with me for a feature I'm writing? I can go into more detail once I identify said working journalist but the piece is essentially about journalisms responsbility to the truth, post-truth and media vs anti-media and how all this affected (or did it?) the outcome of recent big votes. Hit me up if you can help me out. I've so far conducted interviews with Natalie Bennett for the political viewpoint (although she also used to be a journalist), Alan Greenwood, former editor of the Scotsman and another, working journalist named Rodhri Marsden, although that has yet to actually have happened.

Could just use a couple working journalists, doing it daily, to give me a little time for a quick interview for more quotes.

David Lammey was also on my list but I got blown off by his press team with "he's busy doing Tottenham stuff."

Does anybody have any experience with a landlord who doesn't respond to texts and phone calls? I moved into a flat last weekend and since moving in I realised that there's no gas so the heating and cooker doesn't work, the toilet basically back flowed and blocked, and now suddenly the cold water taps in the shower and bathroom sink have stopped working so I can't shower without suffering third degree burns.

I've sent him about 10 texts, 3 emails and I've also called him numerous times, but he hasn't responded once. I have absolutely no idea where to turn.

Would citizens advice or the council be able to do anything?

Archived