Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Why are tea towels called "tea" towels? Where's the connection there?

Is Zoe Lyons actually funny in anything? I dread her inevitable appearance on every show that requires a taking head.

Is there any website that gives a definitive and accurate (as much as possible) account of the treasure hunting shenanigans on Oak Island? The TV program looks like it's full of exaggerated or invented content.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are tea towels called "tea" towels? Where's the connection there?

Is Zoe Lyons actually funny in anything? I dread her inevitable appearance on every show that requires a taking head.

Is there any website that gives a definitive and accurate (as much as possible) account of the treasure hunting shenanigans on Oak Island? The TV program looks like it's full of exaggerated or invented content.

Zoe Lyons is legit one of the best live stand ups in the UK. Last year she was voted best circuit comedian in the awards we (industry) vote for.

I have never seen her do anything short of crushing a club.

• Paid Members

Hello,

Can anyone help me set up a vpn on Kodi. I'm struggling a little.

Openvpn states its console only and openelec keeps telling me to check the long, so I think I'm missing some software, a sort of vpn manager.

If you have a desk job and you need glasses specifically for computer use, then you should be able to get your employer to pay for them. Or at least subsidise them. I'm not sure what the exact rules are but it's worth looking into, if that applies to you.

If you work with a VDU your work have to offer an annual eye test which is usually done with a voucher system which are accepted by mist higg street opticians.

There are 3 boxes on the voucher for your optician to tick after your test - if they tick the 'prescription for VDU work' box your work have to subsidise (usually £50). The other 2 boxes are no prescription or general use, neither of which get an employer subsidy.

Anyone know where I can a decent soundbar in a wood veneer? Having a terrible time finding one. The best I could find is this massive fuck off American one:

xt-200-01x-birch.jpg

Looks class. Don't think I fancy parting with nearly £400 quid to get it over here though. 

• Paid Members

I'm getting pestered to learn to drive. I've had lessons before, 2 to be precise.

On the 2ND one the instructor grabbed the wheel when we were going around a roundabout because I missed the exit. Weren't in any danger as far as I'm concerned, I just though no probs I'll take it on the next round. He had other ideas and it put me off ever since.

Daft question to most but I don't know the honest answer.

Apart from the 2 lessons I've never sat behind a wheel in my life and have no experience. What's the current law on my wife taking me out to a car park?

I assume there's insurance to consider? I have a provisional license.

Ta

Would it be your wife's car? If she takes you to a car park and allows you to get behind the wheel, that's her choice and therefore her responsibility and with you having a provisional licence you don't need to sort insurance or anything.

If you've got a supermarket near you with a large car park if just go there and go to the back where it's quiet

Archived