Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here ever had hernia surgery specifically inguinal? Going in for it next week and a little apprehensive about the recovery period, tried looking online and all you seem to get is pro medical advice or people who had horrible encounters which is pretty normal for medical stuff online.

I think that's what my dad had an he was fine in about 2 weeks. It was still a bit tender after that but he was able to drive and what not. I had a hiatus hernia and that took bloody ages to recover from.

Cheers, Hiatus hernia sounds awful, hope your ok now!

• Paid Members

I'm in a bit of financial trouble and can't borrow any more money from the bank or family. Anyone know of any decent loan companies that won't bankrupt me?

I'd avoid the like of Wonga etc unless you have absolutely no choice. The interest is insane.

I'm sure you've considered it but people sometimes overlook it. Is there anything (not crucial) you can sell first until you get back on your feet? Playstations, TV's etc? If you have a car you can probably do without it for a few months. You can replace all that once you get sorted.

When you say you're in financial difficulty, how bad are we talking? On a scale of 1 (having to shop in Tesco instead of M&S) to 10 (having to jack men off for a packet of Rizlas).

Hope you manage to get sorted soon anyway.

What is the name of the classical vocal track that Sky have sampled for their latest Manchester Vs Merseyside Trailer?

Thanks

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10717062/merseyside-vs-manchester-coming-soon

Verdi -Requiem, Dies Irae

I'm sure you've considered it but people sometimes overlook it. Is there anything (not crucial) you can sell first until you get back on your feet? Playstations, TV's etc? If you have a car you can probably do without it for a few months. You can replace all that once you get sorted.

When you say you're in financial difficulty, how bad are we talking? On a scale of 1 (having to shop in Tesco instead of M&S) to 10 (having to jack men off for a packet of Rizlas).

Hope you manage to get sorted soon anyway.

Ha, yeah quite a scale. Basically, looking for a job, rent was due yesterday, child support due in 2 days, credit card due in 2 days. I don't have a car, I don't really own anything apart from books, so nothing to sell and surviving off toast. Literally. I have a small amount of money coming, but I have no idea when it's going to be paid, but it doesn't even amount to half of what my rent is this month. Feel like I'm fucked tbh.

Yeah, even the dodgy loan places (Wonga etc.) won't loan to you without a job as per tighter regulations on them.

Child support I don't know anything about, but rent & credit card if you're going to miss a payment call them now. When I was struggling to make payments I rang them up to let them know I was struggling now but would be back on my feet soon. It's better for them for you to miss a payment (or make a small payment in good faith) than to have you declare bankruptcy etc.

Are you paying child support via Child Maintenance Options, the replacement for the CSA? If so then as long as you can provide proof of reduced income your payments should be scaled down accordingly. Although, if your ex isn't doing well financially I can see why you'd want to keep the payment up.

Archived