Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone help explain the "downs" rules in NFL? Whats a 1st down and ten, and what's a third down and 3 for example? Cheers!

Simply, you have to move the ball 10 yards forward in 4 attempts (downs), so third down and 3 would mean it's your thirds attempt and you have 3 yards left, before it resets to first down and 10 again....capiche?

Thought I'd follow up on the hernia surgery all went well, managed to walk a bit already and let off a massive fart. Only negatives are that the views underdosed me so I woke up before the pain killers, that was awful and the good morning enema to start the day wasn't great. To finish on a positive note, paid for a double room but no other patients due to the Asian new year so the missus is sleeping there and not on the pull out. It's expected relatives do the dog work here not auxiliary nurses

I'm doing my passport renewal form at the moment and have discovered that my signature has changed since my last passport 10 years ago.

Do I sign with my current signature that I use for everything else, or do I attempt to copy my signature from 10 years ago?

Current signature will be fine.

Mine has changed several times over the last 20 odd years.

I put two crumpets in the toaster this morning and they got stuck. I cleaned most of them out, but it's now full of damp crumbs (they were frozen).

Does anybody have any expert tips on how to clean the rest out?

I assume you've pulled out the crumb tray at the bottom, but in case not...

Archived