quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

10 hours ago, JNLister said:

The latest OTT hype video delivers again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIfwu4HXU8

Don't sleep on this video, guys. It sums up the David Starr vs Jordan Devlin feud, and hypes up their match next weekend. It's part of the best story in wrestling right now and it's still got a ways to go.

Was coming in here to post about that OTT hype video. Fucking hell that's a work of art. I don't know who is behind those videos but they're the best in the business right now. Get on this. Incredible.

Edited by Supremo

That's an absolute masterpiece. I've no idea who either of those guys are but the video explained the story so well that even I was excited to see the match by the end of it.

I came across the clip of what looks like an outstanding match 

Does anyone know if the full match is around?  I'm guessing UWFi.

20 minutes ago, Loki said:

I came across the clip of what looks like an outstanding match 

Does anyone know if the full match is around?  I'm guessing UWFi.

From UWFi #38: "The Kings Road Osaka", 14.10.1994; Gary Albright & Kazuo Yamazaki vs Super Vader & John Tenta

Also, if anyone is interested in checking out some more of this, Amazon have uploaded the early 90's UK syndicated version to Prime. Just search for 'Bushido -  Way Of The Warrior'. There's around 13 episodes and they're a great curiosity with the Yank/British commentary.

Cheers!  It's a tag match!  Did they ever have a UWFi singles match, or indeed elsewhere?  I love me some Vader, and these two hosses are the best.

EDIT: this is a legitimately great match as well.  John Tenta chain wrestling with Albright?  Yes please.  Vader and Yamazaki trading strikes!  Oh yes.  Albright suplexing Vader?  Deffo.

At about 15.50 someone in Albright's corner pops up to offer the advice "Get him, get to his fucking head" or similar.  Anyone know who that is?

Edited by Loki

28 minutes ago, Loki said:

Cheers!  It's a tag match!  Did they ever have a UWFi singles match, or indeed elsewhere?  I love me some Vader, and these two hosses are the best.

Only once I think, and that tag match was one of a couple to help build up the big 1-on-1 match. I'm sure somebody (hopefully!) will correct me if that isn't true.

Here you go! 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:48 PM, Accident Prone said:

Only once I think, and that tag match was one of a couple to help build up the big 1-on-1 match. I'm sure somebody (hopefully!) will correct me if that isn't true.

Here you go!

I'm using Firefox and XP and of late half the stuff I try to view won't play...that'll teach me. Anyhow, they had a singles match on 16th Jan. 1995 (presumably in the video you posted). Prior to that there were 2 tag-matches with that combo of Albright / Yamazaki v Vader / Tenta (8th & 14th October '94).

Hi all

I’m part of a new show called ‘Hands Off The Merchandise’ in which we’ll be looking at loads of very random, official, retro wrestling tat. It’s arguably the most nerd/geek thing I’ve sver done, and I love it.

We’ll be featuring a number of special guests going forward, including wrestlers, fans & collectors of 90’s wrestling guff. 

Our first episode, which is part of a mini series, looks at attempting to complete an empty, 1992 WWF Merlin sticker book, only using 80 unopened packets of stickers. We share our knowledge of the albums, the international variations and anomalies.

We’ll be announcing a free to enter prize draw very soon, including unopened stickers, hasbros, pin badges etc.

We’d hugely appreciate some views, some follows and if anyone wishes to part of future episodes, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Mic quality is sorted for upcoming episodes. Trial & error!

Cheers 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Enjoyed that Kaz, oh those heady days when buying stickers wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg, don’t think I ever managed to complete one of them but I did get them every year they came out

3 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Enjoyed that Kaz, oh those heady days when buying stickers wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg, don’t think I ever managed to complete one of them but I did get them every year they came out

Thanks very much man. As I say, loads more to upload, including ring worn items (Bobby Heenan jackets etc). So aye, lots to crack on with.

I assume kids aren’t as arsed about sticker books now due to tech etc.

But 1990 - 1995 sticker books and trading cards were like crack. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Think ive still got my completed 90 sticker album and half completed 94/95. Which one came with 3d glasses?

I did get the annuals every christmas aswell.

43 minutes ago, rollthedice said:

Think ive still got my completed 90 sticker album and half completed 94/95. Which one came with 3d glasses?

I did get the annuals every christmas aswell.

That was the 95 album mate, with diesel on the cover.

681F169C-7684-426F-A96D-F5D434E98E23.jpeg

A181F025-E6C4-43D5-A585-99DD69FDB078.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

That was the 95 album mate, with diesel on the cover.

681F169C-7684-426F-A96D-F5D434E98E23.jpeg

A181F025-E6C4-43D5-A585-99DD69FDB078.jpeg

Thanks Kaz, i have the four at the front. Im just wondering if i still have the calendars and annuals.