*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

I somewhat remember Prichard mentioning this on his podcast ages ago.  Can't recall the context of the match itself, but do recall Prichard saying he mentioned to Taker earlier in the night that he'd like to perform in front of a Japanese crowd, and so Taker told him to come out and be his manger for the night, with no explanation given to the fans.

• Paid Members
On 6/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, IronSheik said:

This is Davey Boy Smith delivering one of the worst backstage segments of all time in Dubiya Cee Dubya. 

- the crack cocaine induced fear in his eyes and speech

- the listing of wrestling styles and proclamation that that's why he's called the British Bulldog 

- the terrible interaction with Alex Wright 

Just brilliant viewing.

Can you imagine something like that finding its way anywhere near WWE TV in 2019? I know I shouldn't, but I miss unprofessional shite like this.

Not the drugs per-se, but the lack of anything that doesn't look 100% perfect being broadcast.

Edited by garynysmon

18 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Can you imagine something like that finding its way anywhere near WWE TV in 2019? I know I shouldn't, but I miss unprofessional shite like this.

Not the drugs per-se, but the lack of anything that doesn't look 100% perfect being broadcast.

Agree 100%. As Kevin Nash said - the day he shook a tub of somas in the locker room and no one looked up like a puppy dog, he knew the business was fucked. 😂

• Paid Members
On 7/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Sorry if this has come round before but new to me from 1997

Someone in the comments said that Hakushi lost a match to muta and was given a chance to keep his soul to face the undertaker but not sure if that's correct. Anyone have the full context?

Shinzaki/Hakushi lost a match to Great Muta in NJPW, and it was notoriously bloody. He wasn't seen again for quite some time, before being wheeled out in a coffin for this match, still wearing the horrible blood-stained trousers from the Muta match. The story was something like Shinzaki being caught between two worlds, between life and death, and The Undertaker being a kind of gatekeeper between worlds. Shinzaki wrestles much of the match at a sort of zombie pace to try and sell the story. 

IIRC, Shinzaki loses, so I'm not sure where the story went from there. It's a shame we got no Muta/'Taker interaction, though.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Sorry if this has come round before but new to me from 1997

Someone in the comments said that Hakushi lost a match to muta and was given a chance to keep his soul to face the undertaker but not sure if that's correct. Anyone have the full context?

Decent intro's, but a dreadful match, as I remember. Candido was on that card & Sunny guest-ref'd the main event, TAKA vs. Sasuke. I'm assuming it was WWF doing a favour for Michinoku Pro, as it was around the time of 'Hakushi', TAKA & Kaientai.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, IronSheik said:

This is Davey Boy Smith delivering one of the worst backstage segments of all time in Dubiya Cee Dubya. 

- the crack cocaine induced fear in his eyes and speech

- the listing of wrestling styles and proclamation that that's why he's called the British Bulldog 

- the terrible interaction with Alex Wright 

Just brilliant viewing.

Still better than AEW.

I have on VCR gathering dust on a shelf somewhere Paul Bearer and The Undertaker on the Big Breakfast.
All I remember is a game called 'Get Your Knobbly Nuts Out' with some guy in a pool. A dude was stood in front of Bearer and Taker doing this little dance to the jingle for the game and at the end Undertaker grabs him by the back of the neck and marches him off. Bearer then throws the oversized nuts into the pool for the game.

I'm sure there was also a video on Youtube of a wasted Scott Hall on [I want to say Live and Kicking?] dancing with Mr Blobby and when interviewed he says to the female interviewer 'I'd lick you in the ring anyday' [or words to that effect]/

Morning TV + wrestlers usually equaled some funny/interesting viewing. 

4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I have on VCR gathering dust on a shelf somewhere Paul Bearer and The Undertaker on the Big Breakfast.
All I remember is a game called 'Get Your Knobbly Nuts Out' with some guy in a pool. A dude was stood in front of Bearer and Taker doing this little dance to the jingle for the game and at the end Undertaker grabs him by the back of the neck and marches him off. Bearer then throws the oversized nuts into the pool for the game.

I'm sure there was also a video on Youtube of a wasted Scott Hall on [I want to say Live and Kicking?] dancing with Mr Blobby and when interviewed he says to the female interviewer 'I'd lick you in the ring anyday' [or words to that effect]/

Morning TV + wrestlers usually equaled some funny/interesting viewing. 

Here you go. No Mr Blobby dancing but it seems him and Mel C may have shared a quick toot before going on-air: 

21 hours ago, IronSheik said:

The full 2.5 hour ramblings of an absolute crack pot Billy Jack Haynes. Totally unhinged, scatty and wild. Blames Vince for basically everything negative that's ever happened to human kind. 

It's strangely fascinating. 

He’s done a new one a couple of months back, and he’s still on another planet. They give an opportunity right at the start to apologise for anything he might have said in previous interviews, and he just says that he’s sorry for using some curse words.

He clearly needs some help as I don’t think he’s playing up to the gimmick. He, and others from that era, have told the lies so many times now that they can’t accept as anything other truth. There’s is some fascinating about watching them though, as you just want to hear what cock & bull story he’s going to come up with next