quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

I thought I'd seen every variation on a DQ...this is a new one.

This could work in certain situations.

A recap on the WCW event that took place in North Korea. No idea how I stumbled across it, and had no knowledge of the event itself, but this is really well put together 

It's a mad show, but one I always really enjoyed. The announce team during the women's match are great, asking you to imagine having lived your entire life in the state-mandated, regulated culture of North Korea, and then being exposed to Bull Nakano. 

If I remember correctly, the Steiners were US flags in their match with Hase and Sasaki. Because if there's one thing a Korean audience loves, it's American flags and the Japanese.

Was looking for the Steiners vs Sting / Muta match and came across this rare find. (unverified) Claim to be the only singles match between them

15 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

Night 1 of the event. 2 million in attendance (allegedly) 

I like the bit where Rick Steiner drops Hase right on top of his fucking head with a German suplex, but Bischoff is too busy talking about how figure skaters avoid gettin dizzy to notice or react.

Then Scott sets up for the rarely-seen Steiner Screwdriver, so they cut to brawling on the floor to make sure we don’t see it this time either.

Stone Cold talking us through his iconic WM17 match with the Rock.

An absolutely fascinating look at how two guys at the top of their game actually go about putting together a match.  Tons of little things you might not even notice normally.

What strikes me most is this - no suicide dives, no top rope high-risk spots, no dangerous head drops, no knee strikes.  None of the stuff that the modern guys feel is necessary to bust out in EVERY MATCH just to get the crowd to pop.  There's not a single move that couldn't be achieved by anyone in WWE right now - in fact they were protecting the Rock a bit because he was off to film a movie after this.

But it's an incredible match because of the story they tell and HOW they tell it.  I'd take this match over almost anything the WWE  have done in the past year.  I don't know how you reset back to this safer, slower style but I wish they would at least 50% of the time.

Edited by Loki