*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

4 hours ago, gmoney said:

Often at Wimbledon the runner up will congratulate the winner. I'm sure I've seen that loads. You can't tell me you don't like the footage of Andre celebrating with Hogan and pouring champagne on him. It made the heel turn even better. 

But both of your examples are of one competitor congratulating another. I cringe when all the babyfaces pile in the ring, it looks forced to me and after a few seconds nobody knows quite what to do?

The NWA did this loads of times and usually for a wrestler who's title reign was short or when the wrestler is maybe not quite at the level of World Champion, so everyone enters the ring to give them "the rub" a bit like when Bret Hart won the belt and Luger & Tatanka etc. held him above their shoulders.

It's just awkward and defies logic.

15 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I don't think it defies logic to see that, while they're professional rivals, they're still friends and proud of what their mate has achieved.

It defies logic in the sense that they will only now get title shot after their "mate" gets defeated by some dastardly heel.

Also if you accept Babyface v Babyface was very rare, it would be inaccurate to call them "rivals" when they never compete against each other.

• Paid Members

Well, then it's more illogical to think that - in kayfabe - babyfaces think in terms of babyfaces and heels and are thinking to themselves, "well, I have to wait for a baddy to win before I can get a title shot now".

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, JNLister said:

The latest OTT hype video delivers again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDIfwu4HXU8

Don't sleep on this video, guys. It sums up the David Starr vs Jordan Devlin feud, and hypes up their match next weekend. It's part of the best story in wrestling right now and it's still got a ways to go.

• Paid Members

Was coming in here to post about that OTT hype video. Fucking hell that's a work of art. I don't know who is behind those videos but they're the best in the business right now. Get on this. Incredible.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Loki said:

I came across the clip of what looks like an outstanding match 

Does anyone know if the full match is around?  I'm guessing UWFi.

From UWFi #38: "The Kings Road Osaka", 14.10.1994; Gary Albright & Kazuo Yamazaki vs Super Vader & John Tenta

Also, if anyone is interested in checking out some more of this, Amazon have uploaded the early 90's UK syndicated version to Prime. Just search for 'Bushido -  Way Of The Warrior'. There's around 13 episodes and they're a great curiosity with the Yank/British commentary.

Cheers!  It's a tag match!  Did they ever have a UWFi singles match, or indeed elsewhere?  I love me some Vader, and these two hosses are the best.

EDIT: this is a legitimately great match as well.  John Tenta chain wrestling with Albright?  Yes please.  Vader and Yamazaki trading strikes!  Oh yes.  Albright suplexing Vader?  Deffo.

At about 15.50 someone in Albright's corner pops up to offer the advice "Get him, get to his fucking head" or similar.  Anyone know who that is?

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Loki said:

Cheers!  It's a tag match!  Did they ever have a UWFi singles match, or indeed elsewhere?  I love me some Vader, and these two hosses are the best.

Only once I think, and that tag match was one of a couple to help build up the big 1-on-1 match. I'm sure somebody (hopefully!) will correct me if that isn't true.

Here you go! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 8:48 PM, Accident Prone said:

Only once I think, and that tag match was one of a couple to help build up the big 1-on-1 match. I'm sure somebody (hopefully!) will correct me if that isn't true.

Here you go!

I'm using Firefox and XP and of late half the stuff I try to view won't play...that'll teach me. Anyhow, they had a singles match on 16th Jan. 1995 (presumably in the video you posted). Prior to that there were 2 tag-matches with that combo of Albright / Yamazaki v Vader / Tenta (8th & 14th October '94).