Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 (edited) Fiancée picked Bridget Jones Baby for one of our films to watch. Ed Sheeran has turned up and sang twice. I’m taking the ring back. New Years ruined. Edited December 31, 2024 by TheBurningRed Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 31, 2024 Members Posted December 31, 2024 24 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Fiancée picked Bridget Jones Baby for one of our films to watch. Ed Sheeran has turned up and sang twice. I’m taking the ring back. New Years ruined. I will die on the hill that all 3 Bridget Jones films are good I mean they vary in quality with the first being the best, but I'll happily* watch them. *am aware that this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement from me with what I watch. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 The wife decided to play Bioshock on the switch, so I watched The Gentlemen, and now I have Dog Soldiers on. Also, much rum. Frankly this is a win. Been an interesting year. Next year I have a show due to direct, a show that is based on a book. The author asked me to help her adapt it, and then for me to direct it. Should be fun. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I will die on the hill that all 3 Bridget Jones films are good I've only watched the first one and that's enough for me to say RIP SuperBacon I hope they bury you in an Arsenal shirt. Quote
Chili Posted January 1, 2025 Posted January 1, 2025 Me and the fiancé watched a playlist of the old American public access show 'Stairway to Stardom' whilst we chilled with the dogs. No fireworks because it's middle of nowhere France. Not bad, neither of us really celebrate or do new years. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 8 minutes ago, Chili said: Me and the fiancé watched a playlist of the old American public access show 'Stairway to Stardom' whilst we chilled with the dogs. No fireworks because it's middle of nowhere France. Not bad, neither of us really celebrate or do new years. Post of the year so far. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 On 12/29/2024 at 10:30 PM, garynysmon said: Normally I detest New Year's Eve but am working on the mrs and trying to persuade her to go to a few local pubs this year. Needless to say, she had the last laugh… Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 We played Cards Against Humanity, then I had a smooch with Vicky before we all went for a dip in the pool at the place we're staying. It was really nice. Tomorrow we're hopefully off to meet a couple of Vicky's friends in the afternoon. Here's to a half decent 2025. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 Despite the rain and wind, neighbours still found the resilience to shoot off a bunch of fireworks come midnight so I was up til 1am doing work for my wife’s etsy shop and playing Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 Stayed up watching our favourite Twitch streamer make some chicken noodle soup, watched the fireworks, went to bed. Was woken up at 2am by the neighbours deciding to have a rave, fell back asleep, woke up again at 4am so had to go round and ask them to be quiet - "It's New Years Eve" - "It's 4am" - "only one night" - "yeah but it's 4am." They did then turn the music down, but continued to howl and guffaw until about 5am. Happy New Year. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 1, 2025 Members Posted January 1, 2025 On 12/31/2024 at 12:55 PM, I Bent My Wookie said: Turning 32 at midnight Happy birthday brother. Hope you've had a good one. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted January 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 2, 2025 Worked until 6pm, grabbed a Cornish pasty and jumped in the car, pegging it to Spondon to bring in the new year with some 70s glam rock for the locals. Normally we grab a Chinese from the takeaway across the square before we go on, but there was no time on this occasion, so had to go at half time, with us still made up like Steve Priest. Got home around 2:45am, got molested by an over-affectionate cat, had a drink and went to bed around 3:30am, only to be woken up at 6:45am by a hyperactive child in a top hat, asking if I wanted to see a magic trick. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 2, 2025 I normally prefer to spend NYE at a pub that doesn't charge for entry, with good mates. Somewhere that doesn't make a big deal of it all, so you can just see in the year with the people you want to be with. This year was round at a friend's place, though, same place as last year, and it was a fun night. All people I know through wrestling, some still working, most of us not. Wrestling's very "what have you done for me lately?" and it's rare that you have real friendships that persist outside of who you see at shows and carry over into your day-to-day life, so it's nice to have this little group to talk shop with. We played some board/card games, drank a lot, and had a lot great food. They're in North London, and right before midnight we went up on the roof of their building, tall enough to see fireworks from all over the city, even if it was horrifically windy. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 2, 2025 (edited) Same as the last 5 or so years, spent the evening with my very good friends ten minutes up the road who I hardly ever see. Played some card games I don't really understand and had a wonderful time. Back in my drinking days in Chichester there was a decrepit townhouse in the centre of town which was always occupied by someone in my friend group (I lived there myself for a couple of years in the mid 2010s) we had a big house party every year which was great. I miss that. The idea of going to a pub full of part timers would fill me with dread. Edited January 2, 2025 by gmoney Quote
cobra_gordo Posted January 2, 2025 Posted January 2, 2025 I can't stand New Years Eve, possibly due to being forced to go to my mum's friend's sister's NYE fancy dress party every year for a few years as a kid in to my teens where I didn't know anybody, was too young to drink so would end up sat around awkwardly for 3 hours and then had to hold hands and sing for some reason. Even as I rapidly approach turning 40 I still get massive anxiety about the Auld Lang Syne thing, even when it's just my Mrs and kids wanting to do it. This year I strategically fell asleep at about 11:30, slept through the countdown and singing, woke up at 5 past 12 to watch some fireworks and Sophie Ellis Bexter and was back asleep by around half 12. On 12/31/2024 at 9:10 PM, SuperBacon said: I will die on the hill that all 3 Bridget Jones films are good Fully agree on this. The first one is genuinely one of my all time favourites and a comfort watch if I'm ever stuck for something to put on. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.