TheScarlettChad Posted March 22 Posted March 22 2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I didn’t say it was worse then the Ricochet tweet, the person whose tweet it was did. Ricochet was an idiot with his tweet. He was a horrible cunt with his tweet. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 22 Posted March 22 4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I didn’t say it was worse then the Ricochet tweet, the person whose tweet it was did. However, by posting it in the first place and saying "Oh Oba" it does come across like you agreed with the sentiment. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 22 Posted March 22 I feel the title of this topic is unfair just including wrestlers at this point. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted March 22 Paid Members Posted March 22 I've potentially lost more brain cells reading the last 3 pages than I would having a twitter account in 2026. Some of you really need the clocks to go forward already or a double rainbow or something. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Wasn't sure where to put this but LDN Wrestlings post on their Facebook which 'isn't political' but goes full in on buddying up to Reform may be the most ridiculous thing I've read in an age. Most surprising thing for me was that LDN is still a thing tho. "🇬🇧 Jordan Nelson endorsed by British MP 🇬🇧 Just a few days ago, “The Golden Boy,” All-Star Champion and LDN Commissioner Jordan officially made the move to London—relocating from Bangor, Northern Ireland to Uxbridge, West London. Last night in Ealing, Jordan was invited to a special gathering where he met Romford MP Andrew Rosindell from the Reform UK party, a long-serving Member of Parliament and a supporter of British values and heritage. Andrew was more than happy to have a chat with Jordan and show his support for British wrestling. This is not a political endorsement—simply a moment of recognition and support for the British wrestling scene. LDN Wrestling always has been, and always will be British and proud!" Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Is he a wrong-un? He's from my neck of the woods but I don't know much about the NI wrestling scene. Quote
westlondonmist Posted March 23 Posted March 23 5 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Is he a wrong-un? He's from my neck of the woods but I don't know much about the NI wrestling scene. I think we all know Sanjay Bagga is a wrong un though, and I think that's more what this is getting at. Quote
theringmaster Posted March 23 Posted March 23 I have definitely seen a pic of Farage with the LDN belt. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 26 Posted March 26 Tommy Dreamer claims if ECW didn't die, AEW may not exist. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 27 Paid Members Posted March 27 (edited) 5 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Tommy Dreamer claims if ECW didn't die, AEW may not exist Yeah it's possible. Who knows? Or better yet, who cares? It's an absolutely pointless hypothetical. Edited March 27 by LaGoosh Quote
FTR2020 Posted March 27 Posted March 27 7 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Tommy Dreamer claims if ECW didn't die, AEW may not exist. ECW would of ultimately gone bankrupt or would of been bought out by WWE or WCW. Just a bit later then they did. Nobody knows how the wrestling business would of been if ECW and WCW hadn't of got sold to WWE but it is fun to think about the scenarios. ECW with Low Ki, Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, Homicide, CM Punk etc mixing it up with Steve Corino, Tajiri, Super Crazy etc would of been some lovely matches. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Thinks he's quite important doesn't he Tommy Dreamer Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 27 Paid Members Posted March 27 I think it's true that, if ECW hadn't died, there wouldn't be an AEW. ECW dying created a gap in the market for independent promotions looking to capture their audience, and, crucially, it meant RFVideo no longer had their main income stream, so you don't get Ring of Honor without it, you probably don't get CZW or XPW gaining more of an audience in ECW's absence, and everything that's a knock-on effect from that. But it reminds me of a brutal Dave Meltzer tweet from many years ago. Somebody asked him, "if Eddie Guerrero hadn't died in 2005, where do you see him today?", and Meltzer answered "dead". Because even if it hadn't happened when it did, it was still just a matter of time. ECW might have survived in some essence beyond 2001, but there's no way it would have lasted until 2019 when AEW started up, so it's a meaningless discussion. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.