• Paid Members

I went Lib Dems in the end. I would've liked to have gone Greens but I've not seen a single leaflet, poster or correspondence from our local candidate during this election cycle, he has no online presence for me to at least get a feel for his character and I didn't feel comfortable voting for what just amounted to his name on a piece of paper.

Genuinely scared Reform will get in around here.

• Members
35 minutes ago, JNLister said:

I was so excited I actually got briefly confused and tried to find my own name on the ballot paper.

Hope this makes up for it.

spacer.png

A vote for Lister is a vote for the whole forum.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve just finished work and so headed off to vote for Labour for the first time ever.

The incumbent is Oswald from TV’s Bread who has been utterly terrible, and the favourite to win here is Nigel Farage who is, well, Nigel Farage.

I don’t agree with much of what Labour are standing for, especially trans issues, but it’s tactical for me as they’re the best chance we have with what we’ve got.

In better news, there was a beautiful border collie waiting outside and a lady with a Reform rosette who asked us if we voted for them. It was of the most satisfying “No” I’ve ever given and the owner of the dog let me stroke it.

Edited by Scratch

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, deathrey said:

A cabinet made up of UKFF'ers would lead to a very different country 

We know the sewage system would be run well.

Although we'd probably go to war with the EU over the fish quota

• Awards Moderator

Our polling place was packed when I got there; it’s a hotel and a coach group had just arrived to check in.

The actual voting area was still quite busy though. All the main parties had shoved leaflets through the door this week so I did give them all a read, and it was between Lib Dem and Green. Voted Lib Dem as they seemed to be my closest match on a few of those voting websites from this thread, plus the candidate lives in the constituency and not just the general area.

No dogs outside but then it was raining.

• Members

A massive queue at 8pm!!! Village bastards!

My polling station is in the common room of a sheltered housing accommodation which meant this wonderful sign.

spacer.png

Took my 14yo. "Is that it?" she asked. Welcome to the real world!

• Paid Members

I've not placed my vote yet, but because I'm reasonably sure I'm in a safe Labour seat so I'll put my cross next to the Lib Dems I think. Went with my friend to cast her vote, and got some pictures of her assistance dog outside the polling station. 

• Paid Members

I’ve voted tactically which meant a vote for Labour. I live in a longterm Tory seat and this is the first time I’ve ever known a real chance of them being beaten. Not who I wanted to vote for because aside from obvious reasons, I didn’t get so much as a leaflet and there was a local event but it wasn’t heavily publicised. Hard to vote for such basic shoddiness but I feel the responsibility to not waste the vote. 

Polling station was busier than usual so that’s a good sign. Only one lovely doggo but he was not taking attention from anyone. 

• Paid Members

They parachuted Richard Holden in to my area. Notoriously Thatcher Town as it’s one that benefited from the 80’s Council House purchase boom. So Labour had the strongest chance of upsetting him here. While I’m normally a Labour man I have many issues with the campaign and views not aligning. Biggest hope is a Lib Dem opposition to Labour as I think a Labour/Lib Dem coalition is probably unlikely to happen. Apparently a strong turn out today here so will be interesting.

I think this election might push me into actually joining the Lib Dems.

They were my vote this election, or should have been. But I convinced myself that getting rid of the Tories was the ultimate priority and so voted Labour, and now feel a bit shit about it.