Viva le Backlash

I guess anyone boycotting WWE won't have to worry about it being average.

Backlash has mostly been a forgettable show in history hasn't it? Especially when it was just filled with Mania rematches.

So actually on paper there's nothing mega there but I think with a hot crowd there's a good few matches that should end up enjoyable, if not insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Probably an easy fun watch that we won't talk about again much after.

18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

WWE’s first live PLE from France is a week away. Here’s the card which looks like, to me, an average TV show 

image.thumb.png.78bdada29927ad7925419db6dc4bee52.png

thoughts?

My thoughts are you definitely don't help yourself, and this thread is in very real danger of being derailed from the outset.

That saiddd...

AJ/Cody should be good, but they could do with getting through it and finding Cody a proper adversary to see him through to Summerslam season. I don't really know who that could be... Orton, maybe, but sod knows how you unpick Orton from the Bloodline stuff without him first needing to feud with Owens.

Smackdown actually doesn't have much in the way for stuff for Cody to do, really.

Turn LA Knight heel?

Fuck knows.

Jey Uso is losing. Probably thanks to Judgment Day, but not ruling out some more Bloodline fuckery.

I'm guessing Jade or Bel Air are turning on the other.

Would rather Ivar had Bronson Reed's spot.

I'm banging my head against the same wall on this, but still... absolutely mental that Montez Ford is cocking about in the Street Profits still. Sod it, turn him heel (again) and get him in with Cody.

Montez and Bianca vs Cody and Jade through Summer. Let's go.

"Viva" is Spanish or Italian. The French should be *Vive

But yeah anyway, six matches on a PLE? If true, these days that means it'll last at least four hours.

• Paid Members

I believe that the arena they are holding it in has several cheese rooms, which would make it unique here but only run of the mill in France. Like all overseas cards that looks dog dirt but I'm sure they will make it work. The crowd will be what makes the show you'd imagine. Cody v AJ will be a decent match, not star ratings wise obviously but everyone will go home happy. 

Some of the matches look solid but if you have 2 mens titles and 1 women's title on the line at least have one of them believable as a title change. Often it's kind of predictable but you have that could they feel. 

Could they not have done MacIntyre wanting revenge on Priest?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Was always going to be hard to top Backlash Puerto Rico, which was one of my favourite shows of last year. The card does look decidedly “OK”. I hope they have some good France-tailored ideas for the show to set it apart a bit. 

Edited by JLM

• Awards Moderator
12 minutes ago, JLM said:

Was always going to be hard to top Backlash Puerto Rico, which was one of my favourite shows of last year. The card does look decidedly “OK”. I hope they have some good France-tailored ideas for the show to set it apart a bit. 

IMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.a7e51ff409686d8c7b23d4510596bd55.jpeg

It’s about time. 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷

Either this or they finally give me Les Miz.

40 minutes ago, JLM said:

French stick on a pole match,

• Paid Members

As much as I think AJ vs. Cody is going to surprisingly bang, it’s an otherwise shockingly bad card.

France and Australia definitely trading DMs, slagging off WWE for how much they’ve both been ripped off.

Considering the recent lineups for their International shows, my heart goes out to anyone who’s paid three million quid for a Clash in the Castle ticket. Hopes aren’t high. Not even sure Hunter has Grado’s number.

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 7:14 PM, JLM said:

Tryna think who they could use in the Savio Vega spot. Bring back La Resistance? Alex Wright (Germany is close enough)?

Also, they probably should have done the Andre Memorial Battle Royal here. 

Edited by Vamp