Viva le Backlash

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Considering the recent lineups for their International shows, my heart goes out to anyone who’s paid three million quid for a Clash in the Castle ticket. Hopes aren’t high.

I reckon the Scots will think it’s worth it getting to cheer Drew on. And I wouldn’t rule out him winning, either. He can be a hero on the night then baddie again to [cough]lose[cough] defend against Punk.

Edited by air_raid
Do you keep the receipts from all the friends that you buy?

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Considering the recent lineups for their International shows, my heart goes out to anyone who’s paid three million quid for a Clash in the Castle ticket. Hopes aren’t high. Not even sure Hunter has Grado’s number.

If you'd woke up from a 15 year coma and seen that card you'd struggle to believe that certain individuals were seriously trying to sell us on the idea that WWE is going through a boom period.  It's an event that's not only lacking star power, but there's little there in terms of something to get excited about. I can forgive a card lacking top level main event talent, but there should at least be individuals or matches that you're looking forward to seeing. If business is on the up, I wouldn't expect it to last long if this is the standard fayre outside of marquee events. 

That being said, I have paid far more than I'd ordinarily be comfortable with for Clash at the Castle tickets. It was extremely difficult to turn down the chance to be at what could be the only WWE PLE our country will ever see, and Im a big Drew McIntyre fan as well having followed his career outwith WWE. I mentioned it on another thread but I remember seeing him perform at a small venue just minutes away from the Hydro and the idea that he could go from that nightclub to potentially Main Eventing a WWE PLE at a nearby arena is a bigger deal than anything that's happened before in Wrestling on a personal level. The stage is set for what will either be the highest point in my time as a Wrestling fan, or the most brutal, soul crushing disappointment. I can say with absolute certainty that if it was just another wrestling show and it didn't have that patriotic/emotional pull id have avoided this event like the plague at those prices. 

Let's be honest this ppv is the epitome of B level ppv but good Christ it's a really weak one. 

Most of us will be watching it because of the acceptable time for us but I also think it's a shame and disappointment how they got most the matches with mini tournaments or multi mans in order to source a number one contender.

The Kevin Owens and Randy Orton Vs solo and Tonga match is so pointless and meaningless, surely if solo is now portraying the head of the bloodline with his Primark suits. It makes sense to go for the tag titles hunting the gold once again to try and climb back up the mountain.

Cody Vs AJ will be a good work rate match but unborn children know the outcome of it. 

I saw a bit of smackdown however and that crowd are crazy loud which will help it have energy but they could have done better than this instead of focusing on a pointless draft they could have given more build and attention on these matches 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Cody Vs AJ will be a good work rate match but unborn children know the outcome of it. 

I wonder how Claire Lynch is doing these days?

• Paid Members

There is going to be no need to worry about what is on the show if last nights Smacky-D is anything to go by. The crowd was insane. Bad Bunny in Puerto Rico levels of insane. You could send out Dijak v Odyssey Jones and the crowd would react like it was Rock v Austin. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

There is going to be no need to worry about what is on the show if last nights Smacky-D is anything to go by. The crowd was insane. Bad Bunny in Puerto Rico levels of insane. You could send out Dijak v Odyssey Jones and the crowd would react like it was Rock v Austin. 

Well, not quite (I mentioned this in the SD thread) 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm now fully sold on watching this show after watching SmackDown. Hot crowds absolutely make shows. Backlash Puerto Rico was absolutely brilliant and the French seem every bit as enthusiastic. I'm fine with the card as it is, I think AJ and Cody will have a banger. Sami and Bronson will be great with that crowd. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bloodline in an actual match too.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, I'm now fully sold on watching this show after watching SmackDown. Hot crowds absolutely make shows. Backlash Puerto Rico was absolutely brilliant and the French seem every bit as enthusiastic. I'm fine with the card as it is, I think AJ and Cody will have a banger. Sami and Bronson will be great with that crowd. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bloodline in an actual match too.

Sami Vs Bronson happened on RAW & as far as I know hasn’t been announced for Backlash