AEW Dynasty - April 21st

Supremo

3 minutes ago, no user name said:

Aew ppv's were £14.99 less than two years ago and revolution was £16.99 

Did AEW set the price or are you calling the provider robbers?

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Did AEW set the price or are you calling the provider robbers?

Probably provider robbers mate. I don't watch every aew ppv though. I watched revolution for obvious reasons. I'm watching dynasty because the match card is incredible and it should be a very good ppv. I really wanna see swerve win the title as well. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, no user name said:

Aew ppv's were £14.99 less than two years ago and revolution was £16.99 

I don’t think I ever paid less than £16.99 on Fite TV going back to double or nothing 2020. Just checked and every ppv other than Wrestledream and All In were $19.99. Those two were $15.99.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think I ever paid less than £16.99 on Fite TV going back to double or nothing 2020. Just checked and every ppv other than Wrestledream and All In were $19.99. Those two were $15.99.

OK fair enough I might be wrong 

• Paid Members

Very good show. Bar Jericho stinking the place up with his mere presence. Ospreay Vs Danielson was more incredible than even the high expectations I had. Also the main event nailed it. Man Swerve is cool and Joe has never been more consistently used properly in his entire career.

To be fair PPVs have never been AEWs problem. Let's hope the momentum continues onto TV and we never have to put up with lame swipes at WWE ever again (I'll believe it when I see it)

• Paid Members

Bryan Danielson, you’ve just had one of the greatest professional wrestling matches of all time. Are you going to receive your flowers like a normal person, or continue this weird fetish for worked neck injuries and seizures, like a fucking sicko?

Bryan Danielson;

IMG_8117.gif.3a35a0a80b0181b4b41f88c4843363fc.gif

Ospreay/Danielson was incredible, but I didn't love the ending.

It wasn't enough to spoil it, obviously, but it didn't make a huge amount of sense and I wonder whether it went completely to plan, or whether the ref played his part properly.

Danielson did his mad seizure/freakout, Bryce SCREAMS for the doctor... but then calls him off to allow Ospreay to hit his finisher and so he can count the three. Wrestling lore says the ref stops the match if someone's that hurt. It just sort of made the ref and the doctor look a bit daft. Then I assumed it was so weirdly panicked and odd he must be really hurt, and that made me sad for a bit. Sort of wish he'd just lost normally, the big weirdo.

Still, have a million stars.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

That Ospreay/Danielson match somehow over delivered. What an absolute belter. Not seen a match that good in a long time, helped by a great crowd who were into it.

Swerve winning was great. It felt like they had to put the belt on him now or he may lose some momentum. Joe has been brilliant, looked every bit the man in his run.

AEW always nail PPVs really. I don't think they've had many bad ones. Hopefully with Swerve at the top they can get some momentum going.

Also, I really like the new Bucks gimmick

Good show, I thought.

I didn't love Okada/Pac like some seemed to. I couldn't get past how physically unimpressive Okada seemed, or how poor some of his facials were. Built nicely enough but didn't really grab me.

Great seeing Adam Copeland having such a good time. Great signing for AEW. He'd be a good name on Swerve's record when time permits.

Ospreay/Danielson might be the best match I've ever seen. It's certainly up there. Astonishing effort. As discussed, didn't love the ending angle really but not enough to detract from what was one of the best things I've ever seen. I think it completely cements Ospreay as a serious talent, and sheds any residual reputation of being a flip flopper. At least it should.

His selling throughout was top notch, including the understated switching of the arms for the forearms at the end. Really good. 

A million stars. Danielson is a joy to watch. Let's do this again soon. A trilogy that gets settled at Wembley? Yes please.

Ladder match was fun enough but I was mentally and emotionally exhausted by that point. No time for Jack Perry really, especially since he basically came in dressed as The Devil which was a bit confusing.

Main event was fun enough, but all about the coronation. Right choice. An exciting World Champion, and the potential matches with MJF, Ospreay, Hangman, Okada and Omega alone are exciting; not least because they'll be indicative of a main event scene that owes basically nothing to WWE. I think thats when the company is at its strongest, held up by a foundation of non-WWE talent, with your Danielson's and Copeland's just adding a bit of seasoning.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ospreay/Danielson was incredible, but I didn't love the ending.

It wasn't enough to spoil it, obviously, but it didn't make a huge amount of sense and I wonder whether it went completely to plan, or whether the ref played his part properly.

Danielson did his mad seizure/freakout, Bryce SCREAMS for the doctor... but then calls him off to allow Ospreay to hit his finisher and so he can count the three. Wrestling lore says the ref stops the match if someone's that hurt. It just sort of made the ref and the doctor look a bit daft. Then I assumed it was so weirdly panicked and odd he must be really hurt, and that made me sad for a bit. Sort of wish he'd just lost normally, the big weirdo.

Still, have a million stars.

It went to plan - idea was that Ospreay hit the move and had his back turned when the ref called the doc in, then belted him with the hidden blade after. He didn't know he was "hurt" until he saw it after the match. The story has been that the Callis Family attacked Bryan on TV, Will says he has nothing to do with it but Bryan didn't believe him. So now Ospreay nailed him when he was "injured", and will say he didn't know, but Bryan won't believe him. 

31 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

It went to plan - idea was that Ospreay hit the move and had his back turned when the ref called the doc in, then belted him with the hidden blade after. He didn't know he was "hurt" until he saw it after the match. The story has been that the Callis Family attacked Bryan on TV, Will says he has nothing to do with it but Bryan didn't believe him. So now Ospreay nailed him when he was "injured", and will say he didn't know, but Bryan won't believe him. 

My point was more the ref screaming for a doctor, then going 'actually, just got to count this lad, then you can deal with the seizure patient'.

That's odd, but didn't detract from the match. Just a weird footnote in history that the ref was terrified, but not that terrified.

*EDIT* Watched it back. Incredible match. So many little bits buried within that reward repeat viewings. Danielson is the best ever.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz