AEW Dynasty - April 21st

Supremo

Can't say I'm massively interested in AEW or the card at the moment. Only matches of interest are the world title to see if they go all the way with Swerve. As much as I like Joe I think they need to have Swerve go over to establish a new guy. The other is Okada PAC that peaks my interest. 

• Paid Members

I think it will be Okada vs Danielson at Wembley. Ospreay vs Pac might be a shout for support but it doesn’t draw the house a match would that hasn’t happened over here before. Even I have already seen Ospreay vs Pac in person and I’ve seldom left my house in 5 years except to go to work!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, air_raid said:

I think it will be Okada vs Danielson at Wembley. Ospreay vs Pac might be a shout for support but it doesn’t draw the house a match would that hasn’t happened over here before. Even I have already seen Ospreay vs Pac in person and I’ve seldom left my house in 5 years except to go to work!

They've already done Okada vs Danielson im AEW and it was bang average. I'd rather not see it again.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

They've already done Okada vs Danielson im AEW and it was bang average. I'd rather not see it again.

Yeah but you know how promoters are always horny for “the rubber match.”

Ah, memories of WWE doing the third Angle vs Michaels match on Raw to “settle it” and making it a 30 minute Iron Man… which ended in a draw. Wrestling, man.

6 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

He got injured against Okada twice (the eye injury was in a tag match), I'd rather not risk a third!

The eye injury was in the singles match with Andrade. It was just as part of the tag match to further set-up the Tokyo Dome.

• Paid Members

I assume they're holding out for a possible Nigel McGuinness match for Danielson at Wembley, or we'll get another Stadium Stampede match for Blackpool Combat Club. 

I can see Ospreay getting the main event, whether that's a World Title match or something else, I don't know. I kind of assume they would have gone Ospreay/Omega if Kenny were healthy, or Ospreay & Kenny against the Don Callis Family in some capacity. 

13 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I can see Ospreay getting the main event, whether that's a World Title match or something else, I don't know. I kind of assume they would have gone Ospreay/Omega if Kenny were healthy, or Ospreay & Kenny against the Don Callis Family in some capacity. 

I could see it being Ospreay/Joe for the title. I don't think Swerve will win at Dynasty, and I'm not sure he should - it just seems too soon. I reckon Hangman will cost him the victory, given that he's been out-of-the-picture for so long. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I could see it being Ospreay/Joe for the title. I don't think Swerve will win at Dynasty, and I'm not sure he should - it just seems too soon. I reckon Hangman will cost him the victory, given that he's been out-of-the-picture for so long. 

I know Hangman is taking some time off, so some of it depends how long that would be for - my assumption was that Hangman would return as a full-blown heel to spoil Swerve's moment once he wins it. 

The problem if it were to be Ospreay fighting for the World Title at All In is that I think Swerve has been around the title picture for too long to afford to take another big loss, and they don't want to be in a position of having him win once the bloom is off the rose, but if he were to win at Dynasty, Double or Nothing, or Forbidden Door, I would assume that AEW would want Ospreay winning at Wembley, so they'd be guaranteeing a short title reign for Swerve.

So my instinct is that they probably have a big match in mind for Will that's separate from the World Title picture, and the logical place for him to land is in something against the Don Callis Family, if there's no obvious "dream match" to put together.

I suppose the other option is that Danielson vs. Ospreay isn't a one and done, and they do a rematch at All In, and then another at Wrestledream in Danielson's home state. 

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The problem if it were to be Ospreay fighting for the World Title at All In is that I think Swerve has been around the title picture for too long to afford to take another big loss, and they don't want to be in a position of having him win once the bloom is off the rose, but if he were to win at Dynasty, Double or Nothing, or Forbidden Door, I would assume that AEW would want Ospreay winning at Wembley, so they'd be guaranteeing a short title reign for Swerve.

Given that they want to make Wembley an annual thing, perhaps they'd look to hold off on an Ospreay title match for as long as they can - perhaps until next year, as a potential drawing card. 

I felt similarly about Swerve losing, but I also feel like it's too soon to put the belt on him. It's not that I don't think he's ready for it, it's that his journey to the top would feel remarkably short. Plus, Joe is doing a really good job as champion. It would feel like a premature end to his title reign also. 

So, I dipped out of AEW (well, all wrestling) over the past few weeks. Just been really busy with work and stuff. But I was always buying this PPV, even when the only match really announced was Ospreay vs Danielson. And they've done nothing since but stack the card, so, yeah, really looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I know nothing has been set up for it, but my partner suggested Pac would make a great opponent for Danielson at Wembley and I now very much want that.

I had to check on Cagematch to see if this match had ever happened, and I was pretty surprised to learn that they’ve only wrestled twice and never in a major promotion, their last bout being in 2009 in IPW: UK. They’ve not even crossed paths in a multi-person match, which is utterly mad to think.

Edited by RedRooster